• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for SS cage...need asap. St Paul

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh, make sure you can afford all the supplies necessary to furnish the cage too. :) It doens't matter how big the cage is if there are no perches! :rofl:

wonderb

Avenue Spotlight Award
They sell the SS cups for the Kings alum on ebay too. I think if I can make an offer of $500-550, and get it shipped here, that'd be a really good price for the kings 33x24.

I would order through Kings, even if it's an extra $100 or so. If the cage arrives damaged you need to have some recourse. Most eBay sellers aren't experienced in shipping cages freight and may not package it properly.

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Keep in mind that a brand new cage is only $806 this week, so make sure the total price for the ebay cage is well under that.

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Woah! Awesome stand! Do you mind me asking the price?

ArtBird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
I would order through Kings, even if it's an extra $100 or so. If the cage arrives damaged you need to have some recourse. Most eBay sellers aren't experienced in shipping cages freight and may not package it properly.
I used to have an ebay store for my art. I'm familiar with ebays buyer protection, and also have experience with Paypal. If anything goes wrong, they really protect the buyer. If I got it on eBay, it would be because I could get it for 3-400 less.

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
Woah! Awesome stand! Do you mind me asking the price?
I cant remember...he's had that one for 6 years. They are so great though- the best feature for the owner...is the granite base...so easy to clean.
Waynes Parrot Stuff and Play Things
This is what they look like for the small...it doesnt look like he's doing the top arch with toys like Ki's has anymore.
I think mine was around $125

Last edited:

Harlow

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Harlow
I don't know about absolutely certain, but their are things you can use.
Bleach is the old stand by.
Their are Parrot specific disinfectants- here is a website I frequent, it shows the disinfectants available.
Safe Cleaning & Disinfecting Supplies for Birds. We have F10!

Sorry you have so cage shop, I feel for you. I have converted all my cages to SS over the years and it was weeks of shopping around
I did snatch up a huge deal a few years ago. I was cruising a site- cannot remember the site for the life of me- but this cage was on it
Amazon.com: A&E Cage Co. Stainless Steel Double Macaw Bird Cage: Pet Supplies
it is the SS A&E double cage. You can either keep one cage or slide the divider in and have two. Well the site had an error and I bought the $4,000 ss cage for $700. I was allowed to have the cage for 700, but they immediately changed the price back to $4,000. No idea that the price was wrong at the time, but I still can not believe that happened! :hehe:

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
I don't know about absolutely certain, but their are things you can use.
Bleach is the old stand by.
Their are Parrot specific disinfectants- here is a website I frequent, it shows the disinfectants available.
Safe Cleaning & Disinfecting Supplies for Birds. We have F10!

Sorry you have so cage shop, I feel for you. I have converted all my cages to SS over the years and it was weeks of shopping around
I did snatch up a huge deal a few years ago. I was cruising a site- cannot remember the site for the life of me- but this cage was on it
Amazon.com: A&E Cage Co. Stainless Steel Double Macaw Bird Cage: Pet Supplies
it is the SS A&E double cage. You can either keep one cage or slide the divider in and have two. Well the site had an error and I bought the $4,000 ss cage for $700. I was allowed to have the cage for 700, but they immediately changed the price back to $4,000. No idea that the price was wrong at the time, but I still can not believe that happened! :hehe:
Ahhh-that sounds like one of the gods intervened on your behalf. The rest of us mere Mortals hardly ever see stuff like that happen. :rofl:

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
Oh, make sure you can afford all the supplies necessary to furnish the cage too. :) It doens't matter how big the cage is if there are no perches! :rofl:
You are such a troublemaker!
I've got lots of toys and some new on the way.

Harlow

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Harlow
Believe me- its the only time I have ever caught a break lol.
I love the granite based play gym. Your pictures tempt me to buy.
All I can say is thank god all the parrot online stores are not like amazon, a few glasses of spirits and I would be buying one of those play gyms for every bird in my family :rofl:

wonderb

Avenue Spotlight Award
I used to have an ebay store for my art. I'm familiar with ebays buyer protection, and also have experience with Paypal. If anything goes wrong, they really protect the buyer. If I got it on eBay, it would be because I could get it for 3-400 less.
But in that case, don't you have to pay to ship it back? So if you paid $150 to have it shipped to you, it arrived damaged, and you had to pay another $150 to ship it back, you would be out $300. :confused: Seems not worth the risk to me. I had one cage shipped freight and it was really expensive. Seems like cages arrive with damaged parts about a third of the time too.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
If you are planning on ordering a Kings Cage do it through Love on the Wing, they are the local distributor for Kings and it is the same price and you wont pay shipping fees. He will make sure it is in good condition, I even convinced him to set it all up for me as I had a vehicle big enough to pick it up at his store. I have the Kings 406 in 5/8 bar spacing and love it. I have heard a lot of people have issues with Kings if there is something wrong that is why I went through Love on The Wing.

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
If you are planning on ordering a Kings Cage do it through Love on the Wing, they are the local distributor for Kings and it is the same price and you wont pay shipping fees. He will make sure it is in good condition, I even convinced him to set it all up for me as I had a vehicle big enough to pick it up at his store. I have the Kings 406 in 5/8 bar spacing and love it. I have heard a lot of people have issues with Kings if there is something wrong that is why I went through Love on The Wing.
Well, if I buy new I wouldnt mind picking it up locally thats for sure!

The only reason I'm thinking of getting this one on eBay is its only two weeks old aluminum, the larger one, and its 650 or best offer.
(I think) The new 33x24 is something like 947 even with the sale.

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
Keep in mind that a brand new cage is only $806 this week, so make sure the total price for the ebay cage is well under that.
Thats for the smaller 22x25, I need the 33x24, and I think thats more like 947..

Harlow

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Harlow
Yeah, I have bought a few cages through Love On A Wing. I bought Kings Cage there. They also sell large bags of food- Golden feast, Pretty Bird, and scenic- smaller bags of some. They have toys too. And when I went anyway, had a huge sale in July maybe on everything. It is in ELKO, MN I believe. Haven't been in a few years- don't want to say bad things about a company, but the owners were fighting- they are husband and wife- in front of me about the price of something I was going to buy(I had to ask because nothing is labeled with a price). Not arguing, screaming. It was uncomfortable to say the least, and treated my terrible after. I guess the employee leah said they blamed be for them fighting.
I used to frequent Parrot Island, before they relocated, but they have super inflated prices. I do all my shopping through online stores now like My safe bird store, Nalani, and such.