• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for SS cage...need asap. St Paul

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Don, (who has had 150 pet supply stores) says that Preview is bottom-of-the-line as far as cage quality. :(

I know. But I need a tray or the cage is useless :(

Maybe I should make one from plexi.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just slightly too big for the Prevue X-large Flight cage tray. :(

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Darn. I have an old California playtop that Jason stripped the bars on. It has 2 trays which are in good shape but they are only 24 x 20.

Darn is right :banghead:

I can't believe the place with the safe pc doesn't have black, or that A&E won't even sell me a new one. I am getting Rowdy a lightly used Kings from someone I know. I will have 3 extra cages at that point and want to sell 2. I need one for Pete in case of emergency since his can't fit through the doorways. I can't sell this one the way it is so I may have to keep it and come up with something.

ArtBird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
I know. But I need a tray or the cage is useless :(

Maybe I should make one from plexi.
Oh! I see... Just a tray. I'd definitely see if they had a tray that fit. They sent me an extra one when mine had a dent....they were really great about it. You could get lucky & find the size tray you need online if you googled tray companies... It doesn't have to be specifically made for cage as long as it's the correct size?

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Darn is right :banghead:

I can't believe the place with the safe pc doesn't have black, or that A&E won't even sell me a new one. I am getting Rowdy a lightly used Kings from someone I know. I will have 3 extra cages at that point and want to sell 2. I need one for Pete in case of emergency since his can't fit through the doorways. I can't sell this one the way it is so I may have to keep it and come up with something.
Why not just get him a new cage?? This might not be an option, but just wondering. :)

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Oh! I see... Just a tray. I'd definitely see if they had a tray that fit. They sent me an extra one when mine had a dent....they were really great about it. You could get lucky & find the size tray you need online if you googled tray companies... It doesn't have to be specifically made for cage as long as it's the correct size?

I would like it to have the safe pc though. I could get it redone with automotive grade.

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Why not just get him a new cage?? This might not be an option, but just wondering. :)

I could, but I hate putting a bird in a smaller cage than what s/he had :huh:

Maybe I will one day when the current one needs replaced.

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
I could, but I hate putting a bird in a smaller cage than what s/he had :huh:

Maybe I will one day when the current one needs replaced.
Ah, have you checked craigslist for a cheap cage of the same or larger size?

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Ah, have you checked craigslist for a cheap cage of the same or larger size?

I got his on CL :) I made some repairs and it is a nice cage now. It is Rowdy's that is falling apart. The one I'm getting her from a friend is a great cage.

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
I got his on CL :) I made some repairs and it is a nice cage now. It is Rowdy's that is falling apart. The one I'm getting her from a friend is a great cage.
Oh!! So who has the A&E?? :huh:

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
What size cage is it.
I have a shallow plastic restaurant tray that's about 24x32.... Maybe try
Fiberglass Dryer Pans & Trays | U.S. Plastic Corp.
Also, look at dog crate trays, they sell replacements.

Oh...I just saw you want PC. :o:
Did you mean the grate? Or the tray underneath? I don't think they can get to that?

Also, maybe I or someone could try to get one from AE & have them ship it to you? Hehehe

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Oh!! So who has the A&E?? :huh:
Actually they both do :D Pete has a 40 x 32 Victorian top and Rowdy has a 32 x 23 dome top. But, Pete's cage is in very good condition. His tray had 2 rust spots that the pc came off as well, and I fixed it. However, Rowdy's seems to be going everywhere :( I'm not sure how much longer it will go before it literally has holes in it.

I have a shallow plastic restaurant tray that's about 24x32.... Maybe try
Fiberglass Dryer Pans & Trays | U.S. Plastic Corp.
Also, look at dog crate trays, they sell replacements.

Oh...I just saw you want PC. :o:
Did you mean the grate? Or the tray underneath? I don't think they can get to that?

Also, maybe I or someone could try to get one from AE & have them ship it to you? Hehehe

I will check into the plastic ones, you never know! I need to measure it again. I just did last week for the pc place. With the lip that you use to pull it out, it's 23 deep, but the width was more like 31.

Yes, I could use automotive grade provided the grate was in. And it probably wouldn't be much of an issue when I'm washing the grate as she's usually out of her cage when I clean it anyway. But, if I sell this cage, I need to make sure the new owner understands that and always uses the grate. Also not sure how repairable it is at this point as today I just thought, yikes, when I cleaned it.

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
Actually they both do :D Pete has a 40 x 32 Victorian top and Rowdy has a 32 x 23 dome top. But, Pete's cage is in very good condition. His tray had 2 rust spots that the pc came off as well, and I fixed it. However, Rowdy's seems to be going everywhere :( I'm not sure how much longer it will go before it literally has holes in it.

I will check into the plastic ones, you never know! I need to measure it again. I just did last week for the pc place. With the lip that you use to pull it out, it's 23 deep, but the width was more like 31.

Yes, I could use automotive grade provided the grate was in. And it probably wouldn't be much of an issue when I'm washing the grate as she's usually out of her cage when I clean it anyway. But, if I sell this cage, I need to make sure the new owner understands that and always uses the grate. Also not sure how repairable it is at this point as today I just thought, yikes, when I cleaned it.
Hehehe.... Ok let me translate..."yikes"! = "time for a new cage"..... :lol:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I realized this morning HQ has a new website with an email address to contact them. So I sent an email to them to see if I could buy a new tray. It just came back to me as undeliverable :(

So I guess the majority of these companies have no customer service.

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
I realized this morning HQ has a new website with an email address to contact them. So I sent an email to them to see if I could buy a new tray. It just came back to me as undeliverable :(

So I guess the majority of these companies have no customer service.
From what Don (love/wing) said, HQ has always been a Chinese company, never an American one. They never got "bought out" they've always been in China, owned by them. The problem with email could be your server? if they don't deliver to certain places, there may be another way, don't give up!

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
From what Don (love/wing) said, HQ has always been a Chinese company, never an American one. They never got "bought out" they've always been in China, owned by them. The problem with email could be your server? if they don't deliver to certain places, there may be another way, don't give up!

I know. The phone number is in China.