• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Hoarding Birds for Rehoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featheredfuffs

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pearl
Oh wait sorry someone said it was cobalt wing on Facebook. Still quite interested :)

doodoowmdeez

Strolling the yard
Real Name
James Lafontaine
Is that a canary wing in one of the photos? I've been looking for one and would love to adopt her! However, I'm three hours away, so if the rescue requires a home visit, I wouldn't know how we would do that.
It may be. I believe you're talking about the bird where my age got to me and I forgot the breed. I'm going in tomorrow to get as many of these guys outside in the aviary for playtime as I can, I will attempt to remember to check. You can inbox me to remind me if you'd like. As far as the home visit goes that would be up to the powers that be. I've heard of rescues doing facetime/skype for home visits that were longer distance than usual. I couldn't say for sure either way if they do that here. I've been volunteering for only a few months now and with the rescue at 300% capacity and fighting the legal battles I haven't been able to get up to speed with what exactly they would do. 3 hours would put you in Me or NY right? There's definitely a chance.

doodoowmdeez

Strolling the yard
Real Name
James Lafontaine
So a quick update. Sad news first. One of the Major Mitchell pair had a heart attack in the Vet's lap and didn't make it. All the neglect caught up with that sweet bird and the necropsy showed as much. Luckily the partner has not showed signs of anxiety to my knowledge and seems interested in working with me, which I have made a priority in my time I spend there.On to the good news. We have started finding homes for some of the birds! The blue streaked Lory went with an animal therapist that came in to help professionally and is opening up to her! Another bird that I can't remember went with her as well and is doing good. The cockatiels have started to find homes as well with one going to one of our volunteers. We also found homes for an African grey and an Umbrella Cockatoo. There are a few more birds getting visits and potential parronts soon as well. We did receive an odd trio of new surrenders that I don't believe are up yet as I'm pretty sure the up top people must be confused or anxious (I know I would be) receiving a pair of Hyacinths and a B&G macaw from one home. I'll keep updating anything of note. Thanks!

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Thank you for the wonderful pictures and you're time to share the update with the Forum. Your compassionate dedication is an inspiration to many I'm sure. Sad to hear about the Major Mitchells. I hope they all get to find a forever home.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry about the Major Mitchell's.
Great that the parrots are getting new homes. Did anyone adopt the Cape yet?

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I'm so totally in love with Maya...has she gone home with anyone yet?

doodoowmdeez

Strolling the yard
Real Name
James Lafontaine
To my knowledge the Cape is still there with no potential adoptees yet. My baby Maya! Batgirl! She's still there I'm relatively certain she has no potential adoptees either. Awesome bird just a little nippy with most people. I'm lucky she's in love with me I've heard she can be mean especially to females

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
To my knowledge the Cape is still there with no potential adoptees yet. My baby Maya! Batgirl! She's still there I'm relatively certain she has no potential adoptees either. Awesome bird just a little nippy with most people. I'm lucky she's in love with me I've heard she can be mean especially to females
I'm in WI, so I'm not a potential adopter. I just think she's beautiful and she reminds me so much of my own Amarillo who I almost lost recently.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Such beautiful bird. I hope they find wonderful homes soon.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would love a Cape but I am on the opposite coast. Surprised no one is interested in adopting the Cape yet.

doodoowmdeez

Strolling the yard
Real Name
James Lafontaine
I would love a Cape but I am on the opposite coast. Surprised no one is interested in adopting the Cape yet.
There quite possibly are interested parties, I keep out of hearing if I can until there's a home visit. Too many freaks out there and I'd imagine with what these poor babies went through the process is as strict as ever. I wish the cape wasn't so reserved I've tried to get him out of the cage and he isn't having it yet lol

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The Cape needs to be around other Pois, like in my house. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.