• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Hoarding Birds for Rehoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvianCrew

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
michelle
Hope those beauties find forever homes!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
The brown lory is also called the Duyvenbode's lory. The birds in posts 23 and 24 are scaly breasted lorikeet mutations. I am not sure if they are mustard or cinnamon mutations though. The bird in post 29 is a melanistic Stella's lorikeet. In post 28, the darker scaly breasted lorikeet is an olive mutation.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
More beautiful birds. Is the rescue receiving lots of adoption requests?

doodoowmdeez

Strolling the yard
Real Name
James Lafontaine
The brown lory is also called the Duyvenbode's lory. The birds in posts 23 and 24 are scaly breasted lorikeet mutations. I am not sure if they are mustard or cinnamon mutations though. The bird in post 29 is a melanistic Stella's lorikeet. In post 28, the darker scaly breasted lorikeet is an olive mutation.
Awesome! Good to know! I can say Duyvenbode just didn't want to mangle spelling it. Thanks!

doodoowmdeez

Strolling the yard
Real Name
James Lafontaine
More beautiful birds. Is the rescue receiving lots of adoption requests?
I'd imagine we're starting to get some attention. We only received custody about 2 weeks ago. There's also quite a few rare birds we're sending to zoo's and conservations so we're all over the place running in circles. We're working on sending some to Costa Rica. A pair of Green Turacos just had plans finalized to go to Houston zoo. This was one helluva mess and I've only been helping a few months. These birds have been here since Oct or so

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I'd imagine we're starting to get some attention. We only received custody about 2 weeks ago. There's also quite a few rare birds we're sending to zoo's and conservations so we're all over the place running in circles. We're working on sending some to Costa Rica. A pair of Green Turacos just had plans finalized to go to Houston zoo. This was one helluva mess and I've only been helping a few months. These birds have been here since Oct or so
So very sad, I hope they all go to wonderful homes or zoos. What are some of the rare species ? are all the rare species going to zoos only , will some be available to adopt ? if so which of the rarer species are they willing to be adopted. Sorry for so many questions. :shy:

Last edited:

doodoowmdeez

Strolling the yard
Real Name
James Lafontaine
So very sad, I hope they all go to wonderful homes or zoos. What are some of the rare species ? are all the rare species going to zoos only , will some be available to adopt ? if so which of the rarer species are they willing to be adopted. Sorry for so many questions. :shy:
No problem lol. That's why I posted this to get the 411 out there. The birds I was told aren't for adoption are a pair of Major Mitchell's, a pair of Vasa parrots, the pair of white faced turacos. We already managed to get the green turaco out. The 2 pairs of Goldens. There's a couple more they're on the fence with. The full list should be on the webpage soon if it's not already.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
hopefully they will all find loving forever homes.
the birds look really good for hoarding situation, Amazing.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I have a pair of Major mitchell cockatoos... wondering if they have Gang Gang Cockatoos...are they willing to ship by air?

doodoowmdeez

Strolling the yard
Real Name
James Lafontaine
I have a pair of Major mitchell cockatoos... wondering if they have Gang Gang Cockatoos...are they willing to ship by air?
Just checked the gang gang and no we don't have them. If it's an adoptable bird I'd think they might be willing to negotiate something depending on the circumstances. That's above my authority level. After asking around I found out somehow I'm the only person at the rescue on here so I figured any extra way to get the word out would be good. On a day to day basis due to how small RI is we adopt to CT, RI, MA, NH(99%certain) and depending on circumstances I'm pretty sure ME and VT as well.
This person had quite an amazing collection.
It's unreal. And considering this person was big in the animal conservation community makes it that much more sickening.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Sometimes our need to help can become distorted and overwhelming. It's seems human nature dictates that more is better.
Speaking of myself it's something I try to keep in the forefront, "although not always easy "...less is more :pinksmile:

Last edited:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
A big Thank you to you and the other volunteers for helping these precious birds. I hope they all find a soft place to land. Please keep us updated and Thank you for whatever pictures and info about them :heart:

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
View attachment 251672 I'm not going to massacre the D name so I'll stick with Brown Lory. This ?guy/gal? just lost his partner a month ago. One the few that could not be saved. But this bird has pushed through and is still friendly to humans. And so beautiful!

Duyvenbode's lory

Featheredfuffs

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pearl
Hi all! The rescue I volunteer at just recently was granted custody of 100ish beautiful parrots rescued from a hoarder in CT. These birds are now available for adoption. Please consider one of these awesome birds in your search for a new family member. Thank you! I hope to see these birds find their forever homes and have a chance at a better life than they were given so far. Thanks for reading! Heres the FB post with a few pics.

Comments

Is that a canary wing in one of the photos? I've been looking for one and would love to adopt her! However, I'm three hours away, so if the rescue requires a home visit, I wouldn't know how we would do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.