• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Hoarding Birds for Rehoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

doodoowmdeez

Strolling the yard
Real Name
James Lafontaine
Hi all! The rescue I volunteer at just recently was granted custody of 100ish beautiful parrots rescued from a hoarder in CT. These birds are now available for adoption. Please consider one of these awesome birds in your search for a new family member. Thank you! I hope to see these birds find their forever homes and have a chance at a better life than they were given so far. Thanks for reading! Heres the FB post with a few pics.

Comments

Last edited:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
We seem to be seeing more and more hoarding situations lately. How sad. I hope these birds find wonderful homes.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
There's an Amazon........

doodoowmdeez

Strolling the yard
Real Name
James Lafontaine
We currently have almost 10 amazons. Maybe just over 10. Mostly yellow headed but a pair with the blue face and one other pair I can't remember for the life of me the subspecies

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
We currently have almost 10 amazons. Maybe just over 10. Mostly yellow headed but a pair with the blue face and one other pair I can't remember for the life of me the subspecies

A picture is worth a thousand words! ;) Plus, we love pix! :D

doodoowmdeez

Strolling the yard
Real Name
James Lafontaine
Lol I'll check my phone and see what I have and get some more on Tue when I'm volunteering next. Brb with pics of at least a few

doodoowmdeez

Strolling the yard
Real Name
James Lafontaine
As far as pics I have available now that's it. The rescue should have the majority of our birds up on FB with the new birds up shortly if not already. Anyone interested that doesn't have facebook to get the 411 can go to Rhode Island Parrot Rescue and get any info or adoption forms there. Thanks again for paying attention and I'll get more pics. Some of the birds were rather rare and while the court case was in progress we were keeping low key

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope they all find wonderful homes. If I lived on the east coast I would consider adopting the Cape.

doodoowmdeez

Strolling the yard
Real Name
James Lafontaine
I just popped by the rescue and received permission to release some specific bird's pics that are ready for adoption. Most of these birds we only know what we've managed to figure out on our own.

doodoowmdeez

Strolling the yard
Real Name
James Lafontaine
20170610_100816.jpg I'm not going to massacre the D name so I'll stick with Brown Lory. This ?guy/gal? just lost his partner a month ago. One the few that could not be saved. But this bird has pushed through and is still friendly to humans. And so beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.