• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Hi I'm new here and have a sick Pionus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Tara, one small step at a time!
Hugs to you about your kitty!
We are giving you :hug8:too...Keep up the good work!:highfive:

newf

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I am sorry about your cat as well. 17 years is a very long life. It's hard to let them go when you have had them that long. I had the same sort of feelings when I had to let my 16 year old lab go. I miss him every day, but I know he had a wonderful life, as I am sure your cat did with you as well.

You and Peeps keep up the great work. If she is feeling so wound up, that is a good thing. Maybe once she is off her meds like you mentioned, she will start to feel like being a wee piggy. :hug8:

zoomama

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Does Peep like edamame? I never heard of it before somewhere here on the board put pictures up and people talked about how much their birds love it. Well I got some and Risa loves it. I just thought that could be another food to let Peep try. Oh and ditto on the sprouts...I bet Peep will like those.

abbydp

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tara
We tried edamame in the past and she wasn't into it. I will try again though. She LOVES sugar snap peas so hopefully that would work. I think the quest for the pea makes them more appealing so same difference. Good idea, thanks!

abbydp

Real Name
Tara
Hey! We are ok. She seems to feel better. The only problem with that is then she doesn't want as much formula and wants to feed herself. Usually costs us a couple of grams, 152 today. Only a few more days on the Baytril so hopefully her little body will start chubbing out.

luvsgreys

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
Sending lots of healing, positive thoughts to you and your faby! :hug8: I agree with BF, one step at a time! :hug8:

newf

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I'm glad to hear she is still feeling better. I hope we hear more good news once she is finished her meds. :)

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
I'm glad to hear she is still feeling better. I hope we hear more good news once she is finished her meds. :)
ME TOO!!!!!!!!:hug8:

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Hey! We are ok. She seems to feel better. The only problem with that is then she doesn't want as much formula and wants to feed herself. Usually costs us a couple of grams, 152 today. Only a few more days on the Baytril so hopefully her little body will start chubbing out.
Great news, Tara! You are doing a fabulous job. :hug8:

newf

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Just checking in on my little friend and her Mom. How are you both doing today?:)

abbydp

Real Name
Tara
Hey! We are doing ok. Her weight hasn't improved - still fluctuates in the mid 150's - 151 this am. She seems to feel pretty good - is quite demanding :) . Kathie has created a monster - Peep might kill me if I run out of the Bountiful Harvest again. We were out for about 12 hours (litterally 12 hours with about 45 other kinds of food available to her) and I think she was working on how to murder me in my sleep. It came today and she ate for more than an hour in blissful happiness :cloud9: Today is the first day fully none medicated so we will see how that goes. Thanks for asking about us!

WingedVictory

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gary
Keep up the good work! Don't forget the probiotics, ask your vet if your not sure.

gary

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Hey! We are doing ok. Her weight hasn't improved - still fluctuates in the mid 150's - 151 this am. She seems to feel pretty good - is quite demanding :) . Kathie has created a monster - Peep might kill me if I run out of the Bountiful Harvest again. We were out for about 12 hours (litterally 12 hours with about 45 other kinds of food available to her) and I think she was working on how to murder me in my sleep. It came today and she ate for more than an hour in blissful happiness :cloud9: Today is the first day fully none medicated so we will see how that goes. Thanks for asking about us!
What a funny story!!

So glad Peep is maintaining!! Tara, you are her angel, for sure! :hug8:

newf

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Great!! I am glad to hear she is a feisty girl just like Murlin. :)

abbydp

Real Name
Tara
She is doing ok, just ok. Getting weight on her is not working. Everytime we take two steps forward we take one and a half back. She seems to feel ok, but nothing has really improved :( I was hoping we had been on the right track and just wanted to give her some time off the meds, but I think tomorrow I will call Gary's lab contact and start testing poop. We have fallen all the way back into the high 140's. If I push the formula she eeks back to 150. She went through a phase where she didn't want much formula, she wanted veggies and the nuts in Kathie's mix. Those just aren't enough and she slid back to 146. I am now insisting on full feedings again. She takes them fine. I can always tell when she slips under 150 - the begging and puffing up increases. I am not sure which comes first though. Does she do that because she is so thin or did she lose more because she had a relapse. I haven't answered because I hate to let you guys down. I know how much everyone wants her to win this battle, no one moreso than me though.

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Tara, I just sent you a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.