• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

ATTENTION Amazon lovers and enthuists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)

Those eyes :heart::heart::heart: Do the males have the girly eyelashes too?
:) I have no idea if Sammy is a male or female so I'm not sure.. lol!

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
@howard vorens subject. Yea they were an original wild caught specimen. But Howard didn find em. He bought one and waited for another unrelated. Took time but now he's a huge blue breeder.
Apparently, the blue mutation YNA is also a bit different behaviorally, which is quite odd for a mutation. They're very interesting birds and very beautiful. :cool10:

Prices have dropped through newer poorer breeders. And chocolate Ras's are blue fronts.
Have the prices dropped? How much is the blue mutation YNA currently?

merlinsmom13

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
Someone is asking for $7500 for a pair in the orlando area. I worry about scams w/this type of parrot.

Stevo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen

Those eyes :heart::heart::heart: Do the males have the girly eyelashes too?
Eyelashes yes (for my YN) but I'd be careful telling a male zon that his eyes look girly..... :rofl:

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
You can get a pair from a reputable breeder for $22,000.

Matt

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
the last single blue nape iv seen was for 10,000 on a personal breeder site.
and the same pair becky is refering too in the orlando area.
ill get one much later in time, i promise that. theyll go down to the price of any rare parrot,
and be just as common as the golden conures 25 years down.

and yea iv read there speech abilty is remarkable and there temper is extreamlly calm.
much diffrent than the yellow napes, concidering there was a pair found WILD. there should be more, and that be the case, it should be a another sub species rather than mutation, concidering its remarakable personality!!

TITANIS

and yea iv read there speech abilty is remarkable and there temper is extreamlly calm.
much diffrent than the yellow napes, concidering there was a pair found WILD. there should be more, and that be the case, it should be a another sub species rather than mutation, concidering its remarakable personality!!
Yes, I completely agree, Ryan! :cool10:

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
diggin the same hahaha, we have 2 sammys, SCORE!!

How in the WORLD did I miss THIS thread?!! This is an awesome thread!!:dance4: Beautiful amazons everyone!

Here is Sammy- a 18ish year old LCA.. :) I got Sammy from a person from another parrot forum that posted an ad from their local vet's office (they were in the same town as I live in), so anyways, I talked to my parents, my dad helped me with a email to the foster parent, a few days went by, I got a response about her and the foster parent said she was still available and I could have her (as in for free) because she was aggressive and mean. The foster parent as well as the ad said Red Lored amazon, but when I went to pick Sammy up, I realized she was a LCA. She was in a small cage (tiel/conure sized cage, maybe 3x2x2) so anyways, she was on the back porch in the cage in the middle of August (the 18th of this month is when I got her). The foster parent said that Sammy was given up because the owners were moving and couldn't take her with them and also because Sammy had bitten them 3 years previously and they hadn't handled her since then:( Not sure if that's true but I believe that it is because Sammy doesn't like men that much and she is scared of things raised above her head. I got her in 2006, so it's been a long time but it seems like it was just yesterday. When I went to pick Sammy up, I was just going by the info the foster parent gave me. I knew that I was going to take Sammy home no matter what she looked like, etc, I had that "gut" feeling that I had to save her and get her out of there, I saw that special connection in her eyes as soon as I first saw her, and she's been my heart bird ever since. <3

henpecked

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Richard
I thought i might post this little video of my girl "Jake" and her arch enemy "Yellow Bird"

Last edited by a moderator:

Harley's Mom

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Kathy
I thought i might post this little video of my girl "Jake" and her arch enemy "Yellow Bird"
Wow look at the amount of yellow on her nape, she is gorgeous!
Loved the video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

henpecked

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Richard
Jake is 41yr old parvipes YNA,this was before her last molt,Her yellow collar incircles her neck and she looks more like a DYH each year,but she's not .I watched her parents for weeks and got her at about 3 wks. She goes every where and does every thing.PS she hated my 1st wife and loves my 2nd LOL .....should have listen to Jake....

Harley's Mom

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Kathy
When Wasabi stole my heart :heart: with one single look when he was at the animal shelter, I had noooooo idea that we were boarding the Amazon roller coaster. Just as well. It's not been trial by fire, but by bites and screams, with a few lunges for good measure.
Terri
I so admire your dedication to Wasabi
He's very lucky to have you even if he doesn't always show it in a nice way

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Terri
I so admire your dedication to Wasabi
He's very lucky to have you even if he doesn't always show it in a nice way

Thanks. He was fixin' to bite me this morning, he had that look in his eye, so I kept my fingers to mahself. :lol:
Then he refused to let me put back his food bowl after I cleaned it and gave him supper. I wonder why he does that, knowing full well that the paper cup in there contains Ultimate Blend, which he loves. It used to work like a charm. Now I'm lucky if he'll step up right away. He just gives me that look. Maybe you know it - that look that says, 'please. You think I am going to step up just because you first ask, then tell me to step up? Yah, right. Not. I'll get back to you on that.'

Status
Not open for further replies.