• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

ATTENTION Amazon lovers and enthuists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
im huge zon lover. i mean huge.
i have a yellow crowned myself, and plan on having another one day.
either another yc or small white front, lilac or redhead/greencheek

so iv noticed there a few zon owners here.
what im asking is for a picture and brief description in personality.
pererfablly the best pic youv ever caught. lets see how uniqe these cats really are haha

ill go first ofcoarse.. Sampson

extreamlly outgoing! but thats least i can say.. hes affectionate, clownish, silly, jelous!, lovable, tempermental, and calm.
he loves his peanuts and its a way i win back over any time we have a zon 'dispute' he holds grudges, so they come in handy. lol he also loves his peas carrots corn and apples, has to be some his favorite food. hes 9 years old and extreamlly happy. and he loves women, i mean LOVES:heart:

Angela_tiger_1999

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Angela
Sampson is beautiful :heart:

Here is my Emma Jane ( Male, Blue Front Amazon, 10-11 years old):

Emma 040.jpg Emma 030.jpg Emma 015.jpg

He is a bird that I spent many months just sitting outside his cage at a parrot rescue trying to gain his trust :D and I think I have! He has been with us since March of this year and has come so far already. In the rescue he was labeled as mean and aggressive but he hasn't displayed any of that in our home not even for a minute. He doesn't talk to much but to say Hello and Come On when he hears me in the kitchen :rofl: I love him with all my :heart: and I'm so glad he is now in a safe and loving home :D

Last edited:

crt95

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Christine
Here is Sabrina. She is a 17 year old orange wing. She was a rehome after her previous owner had a heart attack and could no longer take care of her. She spent 9 months in a birdstore before we went in and she picked us. We have had her for 2 months and we are still gaining her trust. But she is a happy, fun, loving bird and is truly a sweetheart who loves to be around us!
037.jpg 005b.jpg 007.jpg 006.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
Merlin @ 1 year old merlin.jpg

Merlin last week PICT0187.jpg

Picture quality, not so good. Merlin is a stubborn goofball who loves seeds too much. He loves his mommy & follows me from room to room. He rarely ever bites, but he does communicate w/his beak. His favorite thing to do is to push any coffee cup or bowl off the counter. He calls the dog & stalks the cat. Being fully flighted adds to the mayham. I can't image being w/o him.
:heart:

crt95

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Christine
Sampson, Merlin and Emma Jane are all adorable 'zons! I just can't get enough of 'zons, they are so great! :heart:

Ming-Ming

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
Aww I love amazons <3 I hope i have the space for one one day, I really want a double yellow head :)

Here is my breeder's Amazon, Harley. He is a yellow naped and is just a huge hoot! He pretends to bite but always fakes you out, and will just end up hanging upside down from the cage ceiling "attacking" your hands, hehe.

Attachments

merlinsmom13

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
Harley is a beautiful bird. They are all beautiful birds. I could look a 'zon pictures all day.

Its funny how they like to play fight. Merlin lays on his back & growls & chews on my fingers. He's a hoot.

Yoyo'sMom

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Your Zons are all exquisite. Ryan why'd you have to go and start this thread. It's making it even harder for me to say no to the Green Cheek rescue.:)

Brigidt36

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
CIMG2362.jpg CIMG2078.jpg IMG_0248.jpg

This is Max, my handsome Yellow Nape. He's never been sexed so we don't really know if he is really a he or not, but we think he's a boy. He is a rehomed bird who was approximately 2 y/o when I got him and I've been sharing my life with him for over 15 years. He is such a wonderful bird; happy, playful, ornery, stubborn, cuddly (at night), ferocious and depending on the situation fearless or fearful. He can be moody and territorial or loving and cuddly. He is def a mama's boy. I can't imagine my life without him in it and I would have a houseful of Amazon's if I had the time, space and money.

Mythreeiggys

Hit the Road
Real Name
Danielle
Here's my Orange Winged Amazon Jay:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311900950.178087.jpg

She's your typical Amazon...

Mean as can be... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311901010.520946.jpg

Will bite you in a second...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311901040.270805.jpg

Hates to be touch...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311901100.842214.jpg

Just totally out of control...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311901205.156638.jpg

Hehe :D In all seriousness, she's is the sweetest, most loving, laid back bird I have ever met. She does not bite (except when I do her nails!), she's not overly loud and she could careless what happens as long as she with me. I have never met a more gentle bird and I am so blessed to be able to live my life with such an awesome girl!

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
Awesome guys. Keep em coming. I can read these all day. I'm in the hospital now though. :( Bad stomic pains. I'd love to read and read as much as you guys can share. Kills time waiting. Thankyou for all the responds.

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
Your Zons are all exquisite. Ryan why'd you have to go and start this thread. It's making it even harder for me to say no to the Green Cheek rescue.:)
I'm sorry lol. I don't see why you don't go with it. Your doing a wonderful thing!!

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
This is MANGO a yellow shoulder amazon hes the best thing thas come in to my life
have him 3 yrs last april there is nothing i can say bad about this bird he dosent
act like an amazon or a bird,,lol im sure he thinks hes human ,

If i was given a choice him dieing or me it would be me as he is my life lovable independent
shows his true amazon temper but its gone in seconds dosent hold grudges but will steal
your food,,lol
hers pic of him when i got him a scared little boy of 1 yr and him at xmas with my son
who will be his next owner .

Mango sits with me on computer on the arm of my chair holding my finger
life with out him is no life . 013[1] (2).jpg 01-17-2011 03;18;26AM.jpg 003.jpg

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
What a beautiful transformation! :o:

lindsey88

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
lindsey
I also have a yellow crowned amazon. His name is Yoshi. He was taken out of a horrible situation from the pet shop I got him from. He lived his entire life in a pet store that went out of business with no toys, and just his 2 dowel perches and about an inch of poop on the bottom of his cage. The petstore that adopted him was right down the road from me so I visited him every day and finally took the plunge and got him. He is a little agoraphobic, he doesn't like to leave his cage/cagetop but he is very cuddly and sweet. He recently discovered the fun in destroying wood toys so now he is a little woodchipper. I love him so much and wouldn't trade him for anything.

like other amazons here he loves to wrestle

he LOVES his spray baths

pamela

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Pamela
Aw. they are all so beautiful. My BFA is almost 3. I have not had him/her sexed yet but I think it's a he. He loves to hang upside down from my fingers. Loves having anywhere on his head rubbed. Loves unshelled peanuts. real grumpy if I am way for too long. then he refuses to come to me & spends the next hr or 2 on his cage but he finally relents & comes & sits on my shoulder. His favourite toy is defnitely a pen/pencil. If he sees one, he is gone & we have to do a tug of war to get it back. he doe snot like the shower(much to my disapointment) but loves a misting with the sprinkler (so awesome to see) &then he makes those happy zon noises. I just love the way he holds my finger all the time. I love him with all my heart.:hug8:
I must take some pictures - unfortunatley I am the photographer & he is normally on me while mock fighting the hubby.

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
I'm looking forward to being reunited with my boy in the next couple of weeks after a 5month absence! :dance4:

He's everything I expected in an amazon.... Playful, loveable, protective and cuddly :heart:

head.jpg

hang.jpg
070.jpg
flight.jpg

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.