• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

ATTENTION Amazon lovers and enthuists

Status
Not open for further replies.

crt95

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Christine
Jake is soooo adorable! Love the video!! Can't believe she is 41, she looks so young!!!

henpecked

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Richard
Ok one more "Jake" video[video=youtube;x46vY8A1bkg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x46vY8A1bkg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

henpecked

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Richard
Hey BirdyGirl,Thanks for that, i can't help but notice your YSA, I know you think your's is the best . But have you owned any other? I've known indigenous peoples who keep them ,and could have many other species but preferred the YSA,The only bird more popular might have been Hawkheads.I've no history with YSAs but would like to know if people who know them think that there's something special about them, just another zon fan.To be honest they don't sell and i don't know why.IMO they are as great a bird as a Panama,But there's no demand.PS i hope that's a YSA and i don't make a fool of myself.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Hey BirdyGirl,Thanks for that, i can't help but notice your YSA, I know you think your's is the best . But have you owned any other? I've known indigenous peoples who keep them ,and could have many other species but preferred the YSA,The only bird more popular might have been Hawkheads.
Yep, it's something not generally known outside of S. America. A lot of people in these countries really do prefer the YSA and HH compared to most other parrots.

I've no history with YSAs but would like to know if people who know them think that there's something special about them, just another zon fan.To be honest they don't sell and i don't know why.IMO they are as great a bird as a Panama,But there's no demand.PS i hope that's a YSA and i don't make a fool of myself.
YSA, you're right. Why the YSA is not as popular as the H3 and other Amazons to my knowledge is lack of exposure due to this species' relative rarity in comparison to other Amazons. They are becoming better established, it's only a matter of time. Same general thing for the YFA although they're far, far rarer and will require much more time to get established.

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
I said it once. 25 years of captive breeding from now. The demand is gonna sky rocket. Essp for rarer species. Everyone's gonna start breeding. Just like dogs!

Stevo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
We've been keeping, and breeding, parrots in captivity for 100s of years; why will there suddenly be a surge? I don't get it.. if anything it's getting harder with some of the rarer species as there is such a limited gene pool within the hobby and no longer an influx of 'fresh blood' from wild caught specimens..

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
Not in a way we do now. And since then there been a spike in alotta species. 15 years ago the demand was nothing. No one cared to have a bird. Now with all the publicity going on today. The demand rises. And since we can't legally imported birds anymore. Breeding will sky rocket. Back when dogs were rare. Only kings and Pharos had them. Same with parrots. Essp African Greys. Now there everywhere. At leaste in Los Angeles they are. You can find almost any bird now. Just my opinion. That's all. Just like any other animal. And point made by yourself. We've ONLY had birds for hundreds of years. Not thousands

Stevo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Sorry, I did miss a zero in my years.. Since Alexander the Great!

Whilst you say demand is growing, so are the numbers of surrendered/rescued birds in your country - I don't think an increase in breeding is such a good thing for the US. My opinion :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
Sorry, I did miss a zero in my years.. Since Alexander the Great! Whilst you say demand is growing, so are the numbers of surrendered/rescued birds in your country - I don't think an increase in breeding is such a good thing for the US. My opinion :) Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
That's everyones opinion. But when the demand rises the breeders grow No one wants a troubled parrot. And with all the uneducated Potental owners there are buyers. Thats where we come in to educate and teach that there are so many in shelters. Once again look at dogs. Majority are in shelters. Nothing we can do. But atleast we can try. It's sad out here. Real sad. Must be nice to live assie. I'd love it. Becides the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.