• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Would I be able to cohabitate a bourkes parrot and a lovebird?

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
A parrotlet would kill a Bourkes. They are also very aggressive.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I hear Bourkes are sweet and shy birds. They’re also very pretty. Do they sing?

i have had lovebirds and parrotlets; my two lovebirds werevery nice but I’ve known two other very bitey aggressive lovebirds.
i kept a parrotlet for my sister for about a year and it was also pretty bitey. I keep hearing them described as “Amazons in a tiny body” and “ready to take on the world”, so I think that would be a bad combo. Also brotogeris and Quakers would be a bad idea.

I would look for either another Bourkes, a similar species of grass keet, or even a finch.

BourkesKid

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Moss
I hear Bourkes are sweet and shy birds. They’re also very pretty. Do they sing?

i have had lovebirds and parrotlets; my two lovebirds werevery nice but I’ve known two other very bitey aggressive lovebirds.
i kept a parrotlet for my sister for about a year and it was also pretty bitey. I keep hearing them described as “Amazons in a tiny body” and “ready to take on the world”, so I think that would be a bad combo. Also brotogeris and Quakers would be a bad idea.

I would look for either another Bourkes, a similar species of grass keet, or even a finch.
I am currently looking into finches. Thank you all so much for your advice.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Cockatiels are pretty and gentle, too. And if you got a lutino it would look really pretty with your Bourkes. But that’s just my opinion.

Lineolated parakeets? I thought they were gentle little birds.

Maybe someday I will get a big aviary cage full of Bourkes and/ or canaries and finches. Those cages are so much fun to watch.