• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Who’s louder, an umbrella ‘Too or a Blue and Gold Macaw?

anonymous2

Checking out the neighborhood
Does anyone know who’s louder between a blue and gold macaw or an umbrella cockatoo?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
That is probably dependent on the actual bird and the tone that most displeases you.
I can comfortably put up with my B&G's loudest screams without it bothering me but I have heard some cockatoos (not umbrella cockatoos) that I have had to move away from as the noise is unpleasant to me. Actually, I can say the same for cockatiels and my budgie..... when my budgie is at it full pelt and having a birdie blast yelling to the other outside birds I can only put up with the tone for a very small amount of time before I need to move away for a break from the sound. With my B&G the tone and volume (although excessively loud- can be heard easily outside my house) is a tone and noise I can happily put up with for as long as he wants to yell. The longest he has yelled (alarm call) at full volume is just under ten minutes until I texted my son and told him to go outside and chase the stray cat away from my window lol- the budgie I am moving away from within about 60 seconds.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
So what you’re asking is, is it better to be shot by a .22 caliber pistol or a .22 caliber rifle?

Semantics. :lol:

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
The bird store where I got Kiwi and Blizzard has an umbrella 'too and a couple of goffins, bare eyes, and sulphers. I could never put up the the high pitched screech that they make for more than 3 minutes.

Unlike @Shezbug, I am not bothered by the budgie squawks, it's just when they go on for more than 5 minutes that I come over and try to calm everything down. It's usually not all too hard to calm them down, I just come over and lightly whistle to them until they calm down.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Actually, I can say the same for cockatiels and my budgie..... when my budgie is at it full pelt and having a birdie blast yelling to the other outside birds I can only put up with the tone for a very small amount of time before I need to move away for a break from the sound.
You would hate coming to my house :lol:

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
For some reason I'm totally okay with budgie squabble but the noises your birds make in the background of your videos is sometimes too much for me. Maybe it's just because you have so many birds, or maybe it's because I'm used to the sweet but shrill chirp that budgies make (plus, I taught Kiwi a special chirp which I find pleasent, It's not as shrill and loud as their more fequently used flock-call)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
No I would love it!! Overseas holiday, new foods, checking out all your bird, panda and other animal paraphenalia, and talking bird stuff with another bird lover- what is there there to hate? I'd just bring some ear plugs and enjoy playing with and watching your birds without hearing them:D
I do not even know why the little bird chatter gets to me.... it is not the constant chatter it is only when they get their loudest that I can not deal with it. It tends to make me a bit anxious after a few minutes. I think the little birds sound kind of desperate when they get louder.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
? I'd just bring some ear plugs
I buy multipacks :lol:
I do not even know why the little bird chatter gets to me.... it is not the constant chatter it is only when they get their loudest that I can not deal with it. It tends to make me a bit anxious after a few minutes. I think the little birds sound kind of desperate when they get louder.
Yea I agree with that. I know when mine get loud, my boyfriend will put music on his headphones or go out. That is usually early after noon before nap time.

but the noises your birds make in the background of your videos is sometimes too much for me.
:lol: Did you see the dove video I posted? (the first 4.42, the sound was muted, but at 6 minutes, they really start getting into their calls, this was in the afternoon)

*sorry to derail the thread a little

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:lol: Did you see the dove video I posted? (the first 4.42, the sound was muted, but at 6 minutes, they really start getting into their calls, this was in the afternoon)
I heard them in one of your dove videos :lol: I think it was the one where you could just barely see the doves though the curtain.

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yea I agree with that. I know when mine get loud, my boyfriend will put music on his headphones or go out. That is usually early after noon before nap time.
My husband has a hobby room at the other side of the house, he just goes there and puts a boring painting tutorial on YouTube and cranks the volume up :laughing2:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Very, very loud voices come as standard equipment with all macaws and cockatoos.