• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What Kind of Music Does Your Bird Like?

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
Me and my s/o have a young conure and we want to introduce and dance in front of our bird Kiwipo but are unsure what kind of music birds like! Does your bird like music and what genre?

I was singing “How deep is your love” and I noticed my bird staring and falling asleep. He’s now 8 weeks so he could have been just sleepy but I like to think that he enjoyed my singing;)

Also today is his 7th day home and was our first cuddle ever!! He’s not super into pets and we respect that as we understand birds are not affectionate the way that dogs and cats are and also due to the fact that Kiwipo doesn’t really know us. BUT it was super cute seeing him lean onto my hand more and more and we love how he is trusting us more and more everyday!!

Attachments

Last edited:

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Aw Kiwipo is so so cute and handsome! I love his little scales!:awww:
:bump7:

OllieTiel

Sitting on the front steps
My cockatiel loves to whistle and make noises when any type of music comes on, whether it's me playing piano, or video game music plays, or just any genre of music, he'll whistle to it. :)

BirdWorld

My budgies hate piano music. And all other music I've tried, but especially piano. So I'll be watching this thread to see if I can find something that does work. I've tried quite a few different genres... :)

BananaBird

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
My budgie doesn't seem to prefer specific genres, we mainly listen to country though ;) she does scream when a song she doesn't like comes on, and quietly chirps when she does like it:xflove:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My quaker likes the Offspring :lol:

My green cheek liked anything with a beat - here's her playlist! Koopa's Dance Mix

My Jardine's and Hahns didn't/don't seem to care either way.

kayosa

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Katy
My birbs listen to New Zealand song birds. They have even started to mimic them too lol. :D

peachypjm

Strolling the yard
I have a green cheek conure, he likes rock, alternative, heavy metal, Kpop, and female sounding voices. His favorite artist is Beach Bunny, his favorite song is Prom Queen by Beach Bunny! :cheer:

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
I haven't tried many different music types with Sunni, but so far he likes all those annoying nursery rhymes. I only play them when I'm not around lol.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
My Jenday loved the Rockabye Baby channel on Pandora! Jenks my Green Cheek hates that channel. It really depends on the bird. I have gotten Jenks to dance to me singing (poorly) but he seems to like it. :sing:He will sway to John Denver and some hip hop. We just keep trying different things to see what he likes.

Aves

My budgies love all the music I play. They even love it when I practice the double bass.

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
My cockatiel loves to whistle and make noises when any type of music comes on, whether it's me playing piano, or video game music plays, or just any genre of music, he'll whistle to it. :)
What a total cutie! He’s trying to sing the best he can <3

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
My budgies hate piano music. And all other music I've tried, but especially piano. So I'll be watching this thread to see if I can find something that does work. I've tried quite a few different genres... :)
Awe that’s so adorable haha. Love that he has such a strong opinion :laugh:

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
I haven't tried many different music types with Sunni, but so far he likes all those annoying nursery rhymes. I only play them when I'm not around lol.
Bahahaha awe he’s such a baby :roflmao: I hope my bird doesn’t like hard metal :,) saw a video of a cockatoo dancing to that genre haha

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
My budgie doesn't seem to prefer specific genres, we mainly listen to country though ;) she does scream when a song she doesn't like comes on, and quietly chirps when she does like it:xflove:
What songs does she not like? :rofl:And okay soft chirps are a good sign got it :)

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
My quaker likes the Offspring :lol:

My green cheek liked anything with a beat - here's her playlist! Koopa's Dance Mix

My Jardine's and Hahns didn't/don't seem to care either way.
Your Quaker has good taste :rofl:
And omg...checked out ur playlist and I just think it’s hilarious that sexy and I know it and Gangnam style is on it!! For sure has a very noticeable beat. Will definitely play these songs to see if there’s any reaction thank u! :p

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
I have a green cheek conure, he likes rock, alternative, heavy metal, Kpop, and female sounding voices. His favorite artist is Beach Bunny, his favorite song is Prom Queen by Beach Bunny! :cheer:
Your bird loves all the music I do except the heavy meta part( I can handle some but not too much lol) :hilarious:

you should play him this song! It’s a mix of metal and kpop;)

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
My Jenday loved the Rockabye Baby channel on Pandora! Jenks my Green Cheek hates that channel. It really depends on the bird. I have gotten Jenks to dance to me singing (poorly) but he seems to like it. :sing:He will sway to John Denver and some hip hop. We just keep trying different things to see what he likes.
Seems like a lot of birds like lullabys :joyful: but haha that’s adorable that he sways to John Denver! Will try to show my baby all the music ;)