• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vetafarm Triple C

moonlight_

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Elliott
Hi,

So one of our two cockatiels her name is Tiki, yesterday we noticed that she was looking a bit fluffed up, she was trying to regurgitate a bit (Nothing came out I really couldn't tell if she was really trying to vomit) and just didn't look happy I knew something was off, so we kept her in a warm room and gave her water and food and she was drinking and eating fine (It was late evening and no vets were open in our area to facilitate for her so I did as much as I could to keep her comfortable), now the next day (today) we had a look at her and she looks much better she still has watery poop though so we called up a vet and they recommended us to buy something called Vetafarm Triple C Antibiotics and try it out for 5 days and if she recovers to after take Vetafarm Synbiotic to restore her gut flora.

Do you guys have any advice or takes on this? Should we also seperate the two birds? They are very attached to each other and they go nuts if they aren't together, my only concern is the medicated antibiotic for the other bird might not be good for them but im not sure.

Antibiotic - Triple C - Bird Antibiotic for Bacterial Infections Vetafarm
Symbiotic - Vetafarm Synbiotic 100g 350g 650g Enfield Produce

Thanks!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
An antibiotic will only help if there is a bacteria. If it's viral, fungal, or something else, it will not help at all. I personally don't give medicines unless I know what I'm treating, as they can be hard on them.

Is it worth a try if you can't get a vet to physically look him over? Maybe. But if that doesn't solve the problem then you are potentially in a worse situation or at least in the same one you are now.

Others may disagree with me.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
What kind of vet did you speak to?

I am shocked to hear a vet tell you to buy and use over the counter antibiotic without actually knowing what is wrong with your bird.