• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sun conure behaviour

Grigals

Meeting neighbors
Hello!! I have a new sun conure (awaiting DNA test so no name yet) I have my 2 green cheeks but this is my first sun so I'm still figuring out what their behaviours mean! I'm worried about my little guy, he's quite anxious from his previous owner. He has been very badly clipped and has no confidence to go anywhere by himself, he's still warming up to my hands because his previous owner would grab him. Whenever i have him out he is constantly flapping/twitching his wings and looking like he wants to go somewhere or he is just anxious?? i will try get a video. I've had him 2 weeks. We have a bond now although whenever he's out he is just always flapping and scared but he also doesnt want to be in his cage he wants to be with me? Is there anything i can do to make him more comfortable? Im very quiet and still and I give him treats and foot toys to play with. E9C192E1-C473-4246-9AED-E78C94F62B2A.jpeg

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Just go slow and stick to the schedule you have for your other two. Routine will help calm him although some birds are just skittish. Congrats!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Take him to where you think he wants to go.
Burt will often lean into the direction he wants to go if he’s perched on me in an area too small for him to fly in- like if we’re in the food cupboard, bathroom or laundry and he wants a closer look at something he’ll twitch his wings/hold them funny like he wants to fly and he’ll lean towards where he wants to be.