• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sudden Aggression In Parakeet.

BabyBirdMa

Strolling the yard
So as you all know my Parakeet: Heisinbird was diagnosed with Cancer. He was given only a week to live but has miraculously survived several, months later and is thriving. The vets said the tumor was still present but growing more slowly than they expected. I am grateful for every day I still have my son. I am really concerned that things might be getting worse for him, however as he has recently started viciously attacking his brother, Saul to the point where he is pinning him to the floor of the cage. It looks like he is trying to kill him. This is very unlike Heisinbird as he loves Saul and is usually a very, sweet bird. When I stuck my hand in to break up the fight, he then proceeded to viciously attack my hand as if he were in some sort of trance, almost like he didn’t recognize me or where he was. Is his condition worsening? Is something else wrong with him? Their sisters reside in the cage next to theirs but they’ve never fought over them before.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
If this is a testicular tumor, it is causing the increase aggression. Likely would need to keep seperate from now on. But cages by each other

Or it might be time to add pain meds to his routine

Last edited:

BabyBirdMa

Strolling the yard
If this is a testicular tumor, it is causing the increase aggression. Likely would need to keep seperate from now on. But cages by each other

Or it might be time to add pain meds to his routine
The tumor is on his back and near his kidneys which is why the vets won’t remove it and he is given pain meds every day, morning and night.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Thst is the location of testi in birds, and is the most common type of tumor.

I'm so glad you and vet are keeping him comfortable.

Ginger a d tumeric have anti-inflammatory properties . You can check with your vet to see if are ok to add .

BabyBirdMa

Strolling the yard
Thst is the location of testi in birds, and is the most common type of tumor.

I'm so glad you and vet are keeping him comfortable.

Ginger a d tumeric have anti-inflammatory properties . You can check with your vet to see if are ok to add .
I did not know that. Good to know. Thanks! ^^