• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Senior Looking For Senior

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Kitty. I cant have a bird but a kitty is ok. Have not had one for 4 years. Been searching in all the usual places. I may have too much criteria. Weight is important as i cant lift much. Health is also important. So to those members living in Maryland or nearby please keep your ears open! On FB tonight i ran into a scammer pretending to be a cat rescue person but i caught on to the game. There is just no end to dishonest people. Nice person on CL but cat was 19 pounds. So i try here.

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
It’s always a good idea to check rescues, but I’ll keep an eye out for any kitties meeting your criteria ;)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I wish you were closer. I see senior cats here all the time. I hope you find one soon.

Oscarbird

Sprinting down the street
That's great that you're interested in adopting a senior cat! My cat Mackenzie is 18 years old (and still very healthy!) and is the most sweetest angel. I don't have any sites/rescues for you to check out but I just want to wish you good luck on your journey finding a kitty companion. :D

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Tomorrow I am going to the Humane Society to look at the kitties there for adoption. Already ordered several cat supplies from Amazon. $$$$ Changes my bathroom arrangement to accommodate a litter box. Next on the list is a scratching post that will fit in living room. Then food depending upon the kitties needs. They do not have a cat at this time older than 6 years.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I have always found that cats 6+ are more sensible than younger ones. You might find the perfect kitty if you talk to the staff about their personalities.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am so excited also. The visitor section for viewing kitties does not open until 12 noon and my good friend here is driving me. He understands as he has 2 kitties. I was looking at scratching post last night and boy have they changed. So many to choose from and the cat food also. Does anyone follow Jackson Galaxy? He seems to have such good advice on cats.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I looked at several of the kitties waiting for a new home. I did not end up with a senior because I really felt one of the other cats clicked with me and me with her. She is 3 years old and tiny. Her name there is Cinder but I will call her Cinderella. She is very outgoing and wants pets and loving the whole time I interacted with her. I will be bringing her home on Friday. Cinderella 2.jpg Cinderella  Aug. 4.jpg

Oscarbird

Sprinting down the street
Ahh congrats! Cinderella (I hope it's okay if I refer to her as that) looks adorable, I'm so glad that you found a kitty companion that clicks with you. :) :heart: