• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Safe bird toys similar to electrical cords??? (for chronic cord biter)

aurelius

Moving in
Real Name
Ember
Hey all!! My tiel Pepper is a CHRONIC electrical cord biter - every chance she gets, she destroys earbud cords, phone chargers, laptop chargers... I think she likes the rubber and the long shape.

Lately she's been playing with toys less and I want to find some kind of toy that I KNOW she will play with. Does anyone know of any rubber-like chewable/destructible material for bird toys that she could play with? Obviously safety is the top priority.

Thanks!!!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I wish! My Quaker was obsessed with the same texture. Never really found anything comparable that I felt comfortable about

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Here's song of my suggestions:
Seagrass, bamboo finger traps, vine toys, rubber baby toys (supervised), paper shreds, or maybe vetwrap your cords. Spearmint used to chew my phone charger and I vetwrapped it so he can't get through to the plastic anymore :)

Tiki Tiel

Meeting neighbors
Twine rope is good if it’s the circular shape, theres also Q-tips that my tiel loves. Some toys have shoestrings as well, but I’d be careful with those.

caspin22

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christine
How about a long thin strip of leather? My tiels love to chomp on leather.