• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Sad, my prized boy has a tumor ** GREAT NEWS! Pathology UPDATE**

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Gosh, I'm sorry Claire. Keep a positive mind this is the lesser of the two with the best outcome. Hugs to you and Cappy!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Oh Claire, I'm so darn sorry it's malignant. And I surely understand not wanting to put him through the resulting tests, etc. What a terrible decision to have to make. My prayers, thoughts, and hugs are with you.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
He's my heart. My guy someone didn't want. Left in a shelter. My job to love and protect my boy. I just hate that I can't fix this without subjecting him to tests and possibly surgery.

:(
Totally understand this.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Sending more well wishes and heaps more hugs! Thinking of you both. :hug8: :hug8: :hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Lots of love and prayers!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Up early! House is clean and I am heading out to pick up Dr. Harvey's Paradigm. It's a low carb mostly veggie and herb food to use with adding my own cooked meat protein.

I may also get the Visionary pet frozen beef patties to add when I can't cook. But if anyone has seen or followed Keto Pet sanctuary, they have helped many dogs with cancer feeding a ketogenic diet. I am still going to NC State. Our referral is in.

If diet can help reduce the tumor progression or slow this down, it's worth trying!

I am NOT giving up on my boy! I adopted him to give him the best life and that's that!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
FB_IMG_1538414654620.jpg
This first and only picture I saw online. I had to have him! He was already sprung and in rescue. I didn't know. I felt sad that I missed the opportunity to spring him myself.

FB_IMG_1563796350472.jpg
This was the 2nd picture of him. He was again by the grace of God listed on petfinder by the rescue. I only knew it was him after they said where he was from (the town) so I immediately inquired and the process happened! Waiting stinks to know if you are approved.

This all happened around July 16th. He was dumped 7/4, pulled 7/7 by rescue and he was in his forever home with me 8/14!

My heart, my sweet monkey nugget. 20171205_104015.jpg
Freshly groomed
FB_IMG_1538414628389.jpg
The beautiful sheltie expression!
FB_IMG_1582549589573.jpg
My most favorite snow nose pic of his first NC snow with us. What a sheltie looks like in winter coat and needing a good blow dry and foot trim.

Never give up! We got this!!!

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
View attachment 329941
This first and only picture I saw online. I had to have him! He was already sprung and in rescue. I didn't know. I felt sad that I missed the opportunity to spring him myself.

View attachment 329942
This was the 2nd picture of him. He was again by the grace of God listed on petfinder by the rescue. I only knew it was him after they said where he was from (the town) so I immediately inquired and the process happened! Waiting stinks to know if you are approved.

This all happened around July 16th. He was dumped 7/4, pulled 7/7 by rescue and he was in his forever home with me 8/14!

My heart, my sweet monkey nugget. View attachment 329944
Freshly groomed
View attachment 329945
The beautiful sheltie expression!
View attachment 329946
My most favorite snow nose pic of his first NC snow with us. What a sheltie looks like in winter coat and needing a good blow dry and foot trim.

Never give up! We got this!!!
Yes you do, you are both very fortunate to have found each other in life's journey, Beautiful souls together .
What a handsome boy he is ! :heart2::hug2:

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Oh no, Sweet boy. I'm so saddened by this devastating news. Holding good thoughts for your beautiful boy.

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I can't stop giggling. I call Mr Theo "fluff nugget" as one of his nicknames. Of course they're all solid gold nuggets. My aussie was "monkey" but the nugget is the nugget. Sweet memories.

I'm thinking of you both!

BirbBirdy

Strolling the yard
Adopting an older rescue sometimes gives us shorter time then acquiring a puppy.

I would drive 20 hours round trip again, in a heartbeat for my life breed, as I did for my sweet Cappy.

The day we went to NCSU for Cappy's eye, I found this lump between his shoulders.

Well, today my Vet came to the house. She aspirated it, went home to look at the slides. She said some cells were alarming, but not granulated. Which is probably better I believe more aggressive cells are this way.

I will know maybe Monday the results, hoping it is a low grade and off to NCSU we will go!

In the meantime, I will up his tumeric paste. Please keep us in your thoughts. August will be his 6th gotcha day, I need my monkey nugget more then this!

Pics from today, my little shadow of love.

View attachment 329629
And as we make Daddy's bday cake, what the heck Cappy enjoyed some fat free cool whip. Just a few licks :)
View attachment 329631
I'm sorry to hear this. Sending you and Cappy love, keep thinking positively :) :heart:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Thank you all. We are set to meet the oncologists on April 7th. The earliest day that works for me and them. I am on reserve for any cancellation. Hoping there is one like next week!

We start tonight to a cooked meal. He is getting the Honest Kitchen veggie pre mix with cooked turkey.

I am still going to order the Dr. Harvey's low carb, low glycemic green food mix as well.

For now, life as usual for us
We live, love and be happy!

Until we know something at our appt, I hope and pray this is curative!

Last edited:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Day at a time......

That's the way we should all live.
I agree, but I am high energy and want it like today with this. I jump quickly at my opportunity.

On a side note, everyone ate the veggie base with cooked ground turkey.

Ordering the other food tonight!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
An update here, he has transitioned very easily to the ketogenic food. I feed this dry very sparingly since it's high in fat.

He loves his Honest Kitchen Base mix of veggies. With ground cooked turkey. But he really loves the keto beef patties that Visionary also makes. Each 1 oz pkg is sealed. Easy to thaw, it's a raw diet and it agrees.

For snacks he gets dried salmon pieces with the skin.

We are still on for the 7th. But currently NCSU is only taking emergencies until further notice due to the STUPID virus!!! The waiting sucks, it's his life hanging until we can get this thing removed and start treatment!

He is going down to FL with me. My bestie was like absolutely when I asked if he could come. I just do not want to miss any days with him and this will be fun, sort of his bucket list too. ♡ he will have 3 other dogs to play with 2 of them also Shelties :D

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Glad he’s doing well with the new diet.

I’m sure he will love going to FL for a vaca, with playmates!!:bounce4:
As of now, I have no fear of going. I am on track and going. My risk to exposure the same no matter where you go. Grocery stores are still busy, People are working and life seems to be normal.

Down there, more cases but still was around 149 as of yesterday but that is Statewide. Palm Beach County has over a million residents. We will be at her house. With the dog, we weren't going to be running around alot. I would have liked to go to my favorite places to eat, but will the next time! It's also my old place I lived, so walking my dog is fine (seeing old Neighbors) it's a really large golf course community. Might even bring a tennis racquet!

Last edited:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Please keep him in your thoughts still. Cancerous tumors suck! As long as this hasn't already metastasized we are just waiting to get to the Vet school. I called yesterday, appt is still set.

I hope and pray that this virus fades as quickly as it came. The 7th puts us beyond this 2 week shutdown of closures!

For now, managed diet to starve these cells from their fuel source and giving him tumeric for inflammation is all that I can do. He is getting good carbs with the veggie based food, but they are very little. He gets no treats with any grains, sugar or molasses.

He has me, each day as we deal with this until we can get in there and see the course the oncologists suggest.