• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ringneck

octangula

Sitting on the front steps
So I already made a post about Saria and how she always wants to be on me. If I put her on the table she just flys to me, how do I get her to be places without jumping onto me?

Zoepr143

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Zoë
If you want her to stay on the table for playing or training etc. make the table interesting for her. Associate the table with fun things like toys and her favorite treat. This way she knows that it’s worth it staying on it.

octangula

Sitting on the front steps
When I put her on the table she is in such a state of panic that she won't pay attention to her toys or favorite treats. She is like this almost everywhere but her cage or perch, which is weird bc she doesn't even like me.

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
She must like you more than you think if she flys to you when panicked.

Zoepr143

Real Name
Zoë
I’m going to :bump4: this thread, I don’t have much else to say because my budgies dont do this. I hope someone that has experience with this behavior will reply.

Edit: is she familiar with the toys you put on the table? My budgies also first were very scared of joining me by the table where those toys were because they hadn’t seen them before. So i hung the toys up in their cage and now they use the foraging toys and they will play with them on the table. Then again, my budgies aren’t as obsessed with me as your ringneck is with you.

Last edited:

Lizardking

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Duane
I’m going to :bump4: this thread, I don’t have much else to say because my budgies dont do this. I hope someone that has experience with this behavior will reply.

Edit: is she familiar with the toys you put on the table? My budgies also first were very scared of joining me by the table where those toys were because they hadn’t seen them before. So i hung the toys up in their cage and now they use the foraging toys and they will play with them on the table. Then again, my budgies aren’t as obsessed with me as your ringneck is with you.
IRN,s are very intelligent and get bored quite easily . I alway's found that rotating Quinn's toy's on a regular basis keeps him active and interested ! It doesn't have to be big expensive toys , things he can destroy work well !

100_7252.jpg

Zoepr143

Real Name
Zoë
IRN,s are very intelligent and get bored quite easily . I alway's found that rotating Quinn's toy's on a regular basis keeps him active and interested ! It doesn't have to be big expensive toys , things he can destroy work well !

View attachment 263270

Thank you for replying, I don’t have any ringneck experience whatsoever.
Also I can’t help but notice your profile picture, is that a blue tongued skink?

Lizardking

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Duane
Thank you for replying, I don’t have any ringneck experience whatsoever.
Also I can’t help but notice your profile picture, is that a blue tongued skink?
I would be glad to give you any advice that might be helpful . Yes , it is a Northern Blue Tongue Skink ! :)