• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Questions about the sound I make when I touch my bird

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Hello,
I have never had a bird, so no matter how much I study, sometimes I don't understand, so I ask for some advice. I don't know if my bird makes a sound for he is happy or feels uncomfortable when I scratch his head and cheeks. I want to know what you think.
Sorry this little long video.

clarousel

Rollerblading along the road
I couldn't hear much but boy is he loving those scritches!

I see he has quite a few pinnies, could it be the scritches irritating the more tender areas hence the squeaks?

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I think he's quite content. Most birds will move away if they're uncomfortable.
If you move your hand a little, will he follow for more?
If he does follow, you know he's liking it. :)

peaches13

Strolling the yard
I think he's quite content. Most birds will move away if they're uncomfortable.
If you move your hand a little, will he follow for more?
If he does follow, you know he's liking it. :)
After I hear it, I put my hand on the towel. Then he comes into my hand and flips himself. Fortunately, I am very happy that he is happy with my hand.
Thanks for your advice:cheer:

clarousel

After I hear it, I put my hand on the towel. Then he comes into my hand and flips himself. Fortunately, I am very happy that he is happy with my hand.
Thanks for your advice:cheer:
Awww that's so adorable :') Apologies for my ignorance but what kind of bird is he?

peaches13

Strolling the yard
I couldn't hear much but boy is he loving those scritches!

I see he has quite a few pinnies, could it be the scritches irritating the more tender areas hence the squeaks?
His first molting began, but I knew the pin feathers were sensitive and painful to the birds, so I touched them carefully and wondered if I was wrong.
Fortunately, my bird likes my hand and I am very happy.
Thanks for your advice:loveshower:

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Awww that's so adorable :') Apologies for my ignorance but what kind of bird is he?
He is Green Cheek Conure. His vet said he is mutation of pineapple conure, but his feather colors are creamed.
Your bird is cuteee ;)

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Awww that is such a sweet video! Looks to me like some birdie is in birdie heaven right there :heart:
Awww that is so sweet. You are right he is my birdie angel.
I always want to tell you.. your bird is so cute! :tup:

clarousel

He is Green Cheek Conure. His vet said he is mutation of pineapple conure, but his feather colors are creamed.
Your bird is cuteee ;)
Ah! Yeah I thought he was! But got confused by his back feathers - somehow looks a bit like a love bird :wacky: Preeno is also moulting so I'm extra careful with the scritches too. So many pinnies he looks funny hehe

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Ah! Yeah I thought he was! But got confused by his back feathers - somehow looks a bit like a love bird :wacky: Preeno is also moulting so I'm extra careful with the scritches too. So many pinnies he looks funny hehe
My bird has many of pin feathers, but almost gone now. I have a new hobby that is collecting my bird's feathers. :rofl:

clarousel

My bird has many of pin feathers, but almost gone now. I have a new hobby that is collecting my bird's feathers. :rofl:
Same! I've been collecting so many I've sort of given up now. It's just an explosion of feathers every time he takes off!

peaches13

Strolling the yard
I think conure tail feathers are beautiful. Budgies have too many teeny tiny ones :roflmao: It's also really cute when I throw them back up in the air, Preeno would try to to catch them.
awww my bird drop feathers and he does not care hahah. your bird is damn cute.