• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Preparing for Jade!

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
We called the vet and they gave us an appointment for June 1st- the earliest they can get us in for (not knowing when exactly Jade will come home). Of course it is subject to change, with the world in it's current state.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
We called the vet and they gave us an appointment for June 1st- the earliest they can get us in for (not knowing when exactly Jade will come home). Of course it is subject to change, with the world in it's current state.
How old is Jade now? Maybe they can give you a better idea on when you can bring Jade home and you can always ask the vets office to put you on a cancellation list in case someone cancels their appointment.

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
How old is Jade now? Maybe they can give you a better idea on when you can bring Jade home and you can always ask the vets office to put you on a cancellation list in case someone cancels their appointment.
On May 4th Jade will be 3 months old, hopefully she will be able to come home soon after!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Chirp won him over and now Jade is going to have him wrapped around her little talons.

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
You're going to love Jade, conures are really sweet and silly. Little goofballs!

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I can’t be the only one that read “baby room” and instantly thought that is a place I need to go hangout for a couple hours (or days lol) Right? :smuggrin:
It's absolute bliss! When we were there, there were these wiggly little green parrotlet babies, wriggling at us for a feeding! So many cutie babies!

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Soon we will be either moving or getting rid of the recliner, it's broken anyway (leg mechanism) and there's to many moving parts for a birdie to get hurt in. Hopefully we can replace it something more comfy, as the only other sitting surface up there is a computer chair lol. Not very comfy. Maybe a nice armchair!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Soon we will be either moving or getting rid of the recliner, it's broken anyway (leg mechanism) and there's to many moving parts for a birdie to get hurt in. Hopefully we can replace it something more comfy, as the only other sitting surface up there is a computer chair lol. Not very comfy. Maybe a nice armchair!
Pier I has those super comfy papazan chairs! I love those, you can easily fall asleep in them.

You could do a giant bean bag chair too!

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Today I moved the cage into my room! On Friday I will message the bird store to see how Jade is doing! :)

(There is a plastic shower curtain hanging on the wall behind the cage, for easy cleaning! )

20200513_164103.jpg

Attachments

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Today I moved the cage into my room! On Friday I will message the bird store to see how Jade is doing! :)

(There is a plastic shower curtain hanging on the wall behind the cage, for easy cleaning! )

View attachment 338115
Good idea for the shower curtain.... little buggers can fling some food! I have some walls to wash......