• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Potential recovery?

Biz

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Poo
Hi all
my conure was diagnosed with fatty liver and the vet simply told us more veg and carbohydrates
we have been following that rule and she is now much more active than before, she eats 3 times a day now (each meal taking 1-3 hours to finish, taking longest at sunset and sundown) and is moving and climbing a lot more. she Moves to follow her partner, another conure. She doesn’t really play with the toys but when she sees the other conure playing she will climb over to her and sit and watch, occasionally chewing on the toys. She also vocalises a lot more, specifically chirps and screams. She also is more expressive about her boundaries, for example when she was sick I could touch her all I wanted and she wouldn’t say anything (out of weakness I assume), but now she bites when I bother her and screams.

i think this is a big improvement from last year, where she would just Barely eat and would just sit down and sleep on her perch. We would have to feed her jn that time because she would not really take initiative to feed herself. She would also not talk AT ALL.

while her appetite snd movement has increased i am still not confident she is at her best. She still sleeps for long periods of time and rests most of the day. She is also still 19 grams underweight, though she has gained 6 grams in body weight since she started eating more.

This change in her behaviour have been from the start of January, after we followed the vets advice and started to support and push her to eat vegetables rather than just leave it out and expect her to eat it.

if anyone has any comments I would gladly appreciate, if anyone would like to share their own experiences with fatty liver I would love to hear as well. i will book another follow up vet tomorrow, I hope to hear that her condition has indeed improved.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

LovieLouie

Sprinting down the street
Admin “BUMPed” so your thread moves up to the top and more people see it. So hopefully now you will get some responses to your questions.

Biz

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Poo
Admin “BUMPed” so your thread moves up to the top and more people see it. So hopefully now you will get some responses to your questions.
Oooops I thoight bump meant to ignore the post Bc it was sent on another forum

thanjs guys!