• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Poppers passed away this morning.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I am just seeing this thread. I'm so so sorry.

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
We all have birds on this forum we love reading about and hearing their fun stories. Poppers was one of those birds for me. I remember reading her Celebirdy story a few months back and I fell in love with her personality (and beauty of course).
Michael it is obvious you and Poppers had a very special bond. My heart aches for you, your wife and Grey Grey. You are all in pain, but Poppers is in pain no more and smiling down on you all until you meet again someday.

Fly high sweet girl! You will be missed by so many :sorrow:

kingkrab

Moving in
Thanks Mary, I did fight long and hard, thought we had this beat. But evidently it took an internal toll on her body. I've lost birds in the past, but they were of old age ( 50's -60 plus), and age related illness. Poppers was young, 14. So it's hard, never lost a bird young before. I feel like I failed her in a way. Poor greyson, doesn't know where his buddy is at.
He's awful quiet this morning. I'm to go pick poppers up from vet, or have nueropsy done. Dragging my feet, feeling empty. But I guess I should be off to see her one last time....
Very sorry for your loss. I didn’t know Poppers story, but it’s always hard to lose a family member. Poppers friend Greyson, though needs to mourn. When 2 of our cockatiels died of old age, their mates would sit by their bodies and wait, or cry. They mourn like us. Showing Popper to Greyson will help with closure, otherwise, he’ll always be longing and waiting for his friend.

kingkrab

Moving in
Hey everyone, thank you all.
I have a question, I elected to bring poppers home to bury her by sparky, her other buddy.
But I'm debating whether it's a good idea to let grey grey
( Greyson) say goodbye, or if that's a bad idea?
Appreciate your thoughts.
Oh please let Greyson say Good-bye. They mourn like we do. Greyson will need closure. They understand more than we think they do.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
We all have birds on this forum we love reading about and hearing their fun stories. Poppers was one of those birds for me. I remember reading her Celebirdy story a few months back and I fell in love with her personality (and beauty of course).
Michael it is obvious you and Poppers had a very special bond. My heart aches for you, your wife and Grey Grey. You are all in pain, but Poppers is in pain no more and smiling down on you all until you meet again someday.

Fly high sweet girl! You will be missed by so many :sorrow:
Thanks Kelly, poppers was unique. Never had quite the bond as I had with her.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Oh please let Greyson say Good-bye. They mourn like we do. Greyson will need closure. They understand more than we think they do.
I did....I let Grayson see poppers. He was good about it.
For a minute or two, he just sat and starred. Glaze fixed on her. Then climbed down went up to nudge her. Stepped back and made a loud click like bell sound. Then nudged her again. I said give poppers kiss good bye and he did.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I was sorry to hear of your loss. I hope the pain in your heart will be eased by the beautiful memories you have of Poppers. How did you come by the name of Poppers?
Thanks Dianne. Her original name when I got her was sergeant pepper.....I hated that name. But shortly after I gotten her, she started saying " see poppers" so we began calling her poppers as she always was saying it instead of sgt. Pepper. She liked it...she is the one who changed her name....:laugh:

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Oh No! Not Poppers. :sad4:

I am so sorry for your loss. :sorrow:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I’m so very sorry about Poppers. My heart sank to my stomach when I saw the title of this thread.:( My heart aches for you and your family, but hopefully your memories will bring you comfort in time. You did the absolute best you could, and Poppers knew how much you loved her, and that’s what counts. I would let Greyson see Poppers one last time, because it might help him understand. Wishing you and your family peace, and I really hope next year is a better year for you.
:sadhug2:
Thanks Deanna, I did let Grayson see poppers one last time. He was silent at first. But got down to judge her. Then made a loud noise, then nudge her again. I think he knows now. He gave her a kiss when I told him too. Even got that on photo. But I doubt I can share that on here.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh my, that just breaks my heart. It’s good that you let him see her though, and that video will be a wonderful tribute to them both.
:sadhug2:

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks Deanna, I did let Grayson see poppers one last time. He was silent at first. But got down to judge her. Then made a loud noise, then nudge her again. I think he knows now. He gave her a kiss when I told him too. Even got that on photo. But I doubt I can share that on here.
I'm so glad to hear Greyson got to see her Michael & say goodbye. My hearts heavy, I will miss her stories too! I loved her name what a nice story to share. You may not be able to show the pic but you could ask. I think there should be info about a parrot greiving here like as a group each writing our observations, or mechanism's to help get them through their grief. I just haven't talked to anyone yet about if it would be allowed, because of having the worker bee's here fixing some broken house stuff.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
For a minute or two, he just sat and starred. Glaze fixed on her. Then climbed down went up to nudge her. Stepped back and made a loud click like bell sound. Then nudged her again. I said give poppers kiss good bye and he did.
:crycry:
I am so glad you let Grayson say his goodbyes too.:sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I'm so glad to hear Greyson got to see her Michael & say goodbye. My hearts heavy, I will miss her stories too! I loved her name what a nice story to share. You may not be able to show the pic but you could ask. I think there should be info about a parrot greiving here like as a group each writing our observations, or mechanism's to help get them through their grief. I just haven't talked to anyone yet about if it would be allowed, because of having the worker bee's here fixing some broken house stuff.
Grayson was a good boy about it. I took about 4 pictures of Grayson over and by poppers.
I don't know rain, pictures of Grayson kissing poppers wouldn't be appropriate to show. It would have to be private pm to those that want to see.
On a behavioral aspect of it, it can help some people understand the nature of another bird in the flock grieving for their buddy. So in a sense it's educational to understand the behavior associated with a bird grieving, but also sensitive issue in nature as well to post.
I'm giving Grayson much needed extra attention past couple days, and probably a few more. You see when a bird goes missing from flock, it disrupts the routine. such as the together nap time.

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
:crycry: </3