• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Poppers passed away this morning.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry about Poppers. My heart sank to my stomach when I saw the title of this thread.:( My heart aches for you and your family, but hopefully your memories will bring you comfort in time. You did the absolute best you could, and Poppers knew how much you loved her, and that’s what counts. I would let Greyson see Poppers one last time, because it might help him understand. Wishing you and your family peace, and I really hope next year is a better year for you.
:sadhug2:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am very sorry for your loss of Poppers.

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so, so sorry, Michael. You have always been such an amazing parront to Poppers, and you did everything you could for her. :sadhug:

Fly forever high and free, darling Poppers. :sorrow:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I am so very sorry :sorrow:
:sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Hey everyone, thank you all.
I have a question, I elected to bring poppers home to bury her by sparky, her other buddy.
But I'm debating whether it's a good idea to let grey grey
( Greyson) say goodbye, or if that's a bad idea?
Appreciate your thoughts.
I told you my view in pm, I know how hard this is for you. When I lost Tuffy, Rocky didn't handle it well. He was never a biter, but took his frustration out on me. They were each other's best friends. Letting him say goodbye was the only way I found, to let him have his final goodbye. He sat with me while Tuffy was in my lap I explained to Rocky what happened, that Rocky would never want for a single thing as long as I had breath in my body. Even with that I had to hand feed Rocky for a quite a few days he was so depressed I thought I would lose him too. Rocky became the Velcro bird. He was never clingy until after Tuffy's death. Know that you are family here always, we will be here to support you lift you up and share in your sorrow. Love Laurie

Wthensler

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
William hensler
We are so sorry to hear. We did follow Popper's story a bit and are saddened. We know what it's like to use an Amazon - we lost our older DYH Mickey in 2014. We still miss him and talk about him.

Know that Poppers was loved and you did everything you could to save hi. Do take care of yourself, please.

Bill and Samantha

Greencheek Lee

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
I'm so sorry, I was pulling for him and though he'd be OK. I too think you should show him to Grayson, I did when I was in this situation earlier this year. It is awful and hard to handle but I really think in the end it helps. Best to you and your flock. :sorrow:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
So sorry for your loss

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I'm so very sorry Mike. You really took the best care of her and she seemed to be doing better. We can question ourselves looking for the answer, but sometimes it will never be known of the woulda, could, shoulda.

We still miss our Jenny. A pet loss is a loss. A pet bird loss with connection just cuts you like a knife.

We are here for you. We empathize with you and we feel the loss along with you.

Hugs my Friend.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Michael, my heart is actually feeling cracked this evening! I saw that she wasn't well & only could make it thru the 1st pg. before I had to take a break. I'm so sorry! Pm me if you need to talk. If I cannot question how much you lived her states away... She knew for sure! You gave her the very best of everything & the best years of her life.

I agree that Greyson should be able to say goodbye. It's my opinion he'll be looking around every corner for her for a very long time. After what I went thru w/ Buddy after my Dad passed was almost torture for him. I have no doubt that he knew, but the massive amounts of change & fear of change was where the torture was (in that case).

(((Sending you & your family tons of Cyber hugs)))

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I'm sorry you lost her but she knew she was loved and being cared for. I'd let Greyson see her and say goodbye. It will probably help him deal with why his friend isn't around. :sadhug:

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael