• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Poppers passed away this morning.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Oh no, I'm so sorry for your loss, just devastating to hear of this. Michael and Glenda, my deepest sympathies to you and your family. And to Grey Grey also. They fly into our hearts and leave feather dust on our souls forever.

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
Michael, there are no words. Sending all of my love to you, Greyson, and Glenda! You gave Poppers a wonderful life!!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm so sorry. You did everything you could possibly do for Poppers. Try to take comfort in that and I know she knew she was loved. Fly free Poppers.

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
It's so hard to let them go
but when you hear soft wings above
know that she is never gone
she was ready to fly home.
Carol

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I'm so very sorry Michael. I know how very hard you tried. The sadness must be overwhelming right now. We will all truly miss her. You and Glenda have had a terrible couple weeks. I'm sending blessings your way and prayers for Poppers. You gave her a wonderfully happy life and I know how very much she loved you in return.

Mybluebird

Real Name
Anne
This has indeed been a most difficult week for you. So sorry Poppers is gone. Do whatever you need to do to take care of yourself. I'm still new to this forum but enjoyed catching up by reading your past posts and reading about what you and your pals are up to now.:crycry:

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I am so very sorry for your heartbreaking loss. You fought long and hard for her; you did everything humanely possible and she's thankful for that. But she's ok now. No more confusing, scary seizures for your beautiful girl.
I hope you find peace :heart:

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
This terrible news has brought me to tears. I've been rooting for Poppers since day one, and feel that in a way I've lost her, too.
I'm so deeply sorry, Mike. I, too, hope that you move forward with a necropsy. It could help bring you some peace in knowing what she's been battling.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
This has indeed been a most difficult week for you. So sorry Poppers is gone. Do whatever you need to do to take care of yourself. I'm still new to this forum but enjoyed catching up by reading your past posts and reading about what you and your pals are up to now.:crycry:
New or veteran to the forum, we are one and the same, we love our birds. And that matters most of all.
Thanks! And always kiss your bird good night. Never know when it'll be the last time.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
This terrible news has brought me to tears. I've been rooting for Poppers since day one, and feel that in a way I've lost her, too.
I'm so deeply sorry, Mike. I, too, hope that you move forward with a necropsy. It could help bring you some peace in knowing what she's been battling.
Thank you. She had the infection, which was a bad one, but we fought that, and cleared that hurdle...problem was it affected her heart, caused conjestion, which is secondary problem. She's been on heart and artery medication from the on set of the infection. Thought we were winning the battle, but guess I was wrong.
After sitting with vet and going over tests, she was far too weak to go through more. Xray showed blockage, and that's what took her. She had damage from infection.
So I elected to bring her home and bury her next to sparky. Which passed away a year ago tomorrow. He was an old bird. But the closeness of the dates is freaky.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Hey everyone, thank you all.
I have a question, I elected to bring poppers home to bury her by sparky, her other buddy.
But I'm debating whether it's a good idea to let grey grey
( Greyson) say goodbye, or if that's a bad idea?
Appreciate your thoughts.

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry for your loss :sad3:

If it were me I'd let Grey Grey see her & then he will know why she is not there. Explain to him what happened & why she won't be returning. I have done this with puppies, dogs, etc & it does make a difference. No idea how long it may take. I know with puppies/dogs it's usually 45 minutes to an hour total.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Hey everyone, thank you all.
I have a question, I elected to bring poppers home to bury her by sparky, her other buddy.
But I'm debating whether it's a good idea to let grey grey
( Greyson) say goodbye, or if that's a bad idea?
Appreciate your thoughts.
If they were buddies-it might be good to let him say goodby-BUT that is up to you-you know Grey Grey better then we do,so do what you think is best! :sadhug2: :sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2: