• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Please I need info asap, might have a concussion

HaileQ

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Hailey
I was letting my cockatiel rest in his cage for a bit with his cage door open when all of the sudden something spooked him (I have no clue what it was) he flew out of his cage at full speed and was yelling while doing so he hit the wall and fell to the ground with his crest up running around. I finally picked him up and trying to calm him down and put him back into his cage with the cage door closed. He is acting fine as of now he accepts neck scratches and is preening himself. I can not spot any injuries

I am going to keep an eye on him but i can not get him checked out by an avian vet as for there is none near by they are all out of town and I can not get a hold of a car.

What are things i should look out for? If things get too bad i will eventually end up taking him

Last edited by a moderator:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Make him rest in a darker room with no sound for at least 24 hrs. Do not touch him and demanding him to interact with you.
I never travel with birds if I suspect that they have a concussion. (if their not showing any emergency behavior)

If he chance behavior, sleeping very fluffed up on both legs, stop eating and/or drinking, are throwing up his food or seems dizzy, then take him to a avian vet, ASAP.

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
If he's acting normal, then just treat him normally. If he shows any symptoms like lethargy, loss of balance, vomiting, etc though, it's an emergency and you must find a way to get him treatment.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
You have received good info-please let us know how he is doing in the morning,and Welcome to the Avenue!:hug8:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I hope things will be OK. Keep us updated.