• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Please Help! My conure doesn’t have his cage

ellevera

Moving in
Real Name
vee
I recently just had to leave my mom for a night with my conure, i have his old petco box and bed and also food and water, i poked bigger holes in the box to give more air, but im afraid to leave him to sleep in there for about 6 hours. i couldnt grab his cage due to an emergency and cant let him roam. he is 6 months old

BirdLady13

Sprinting down the street
If the box is anything like I’m picturing, then don’t leave him in there for that long. At the least it will end up stressing him out. You either need to stay up and make sure he doesn’t get into anything, or you need to go to a 24 hour store and get him a travel cage.

sweet960

Meeting neighbors
Maybe it’s my poor English but I don’t get the first sentense..
From what I do understand, if you can’t get him a suitable cage, just place him in a bathroom (don’t let him swallow pieces if shower curtain or anything, tho) and give him enough toys and a perch if you have one so that he won’t get too stressed out.

Reactions: Ali

ellevera

Moving in
Real Name
vee
If the box is anything like I’m picturing, then don’t leave him in there for that long. At the least it will end up stressing him out. You either need to stay up and make sure he doesn’t get into anything, or you need to go to a 24 hour store and get him a travel cage.
the problem is, i don’t drive and even if i could i live no where near any 24 hour open places. i’m not even at my own home right now and i’m just scared. i have him in that cardboard box with food and water with his tent bed, i left so much window and air holes and its 3:30, i just need to sleep till 8 im worried though something will happen to him if i keep him in it

ellevera

Moving in
Real Name
vee
Maybe it’s my poor English but I don’t get the first sentense..
From what I do understand, if you can’t get him a suitable cage, just place him in a bathroom (don’t let him swallow pieces if shower curtain or anything, tho) and give him enough toys and a perch if you have one so that he won’t get too stressed out.
Sorry i rushed typing, i recently had to leave my home to stay at a friends until early morning. its 3:30am and i need to get up at 8am but im not sure if its safe for my conure. he’s in the cardboard petco boxes with food and water, plenty of big air holes and his tent bed, but im worried something might happen to him

BirdLady13

Sprinting down the street
the problem is, i don’t drive and even if i could i live no where near any 24 hour open places. i’m not even at my own home right now and i’m just scared. i have him in that cardboard box with food and water with his tent bed, i left so much window and air holes and its 3:30, i just need to sleep till 8 im worried though something will happen to him if i keep him in it
Hmm.. this Petco box must be bigger than I thought.

ellevera

Moving in
Real Name
vee
it’s not big but he has enough space for his bed and food and water. i am trying to stay up as much as i can.

Attachments

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
1st. Are you safe.
2nd. If the lights are low your conure will not be very active and should be safe overnight if there are no cats or dogs around.
3rd. Will you be able to get your birds cage tomorrow morning or is it unsafe to do so.
4th. If you can't get his cage tomorrow do you have some way to get a travel cage tomorrow.
5th. If you are not safe to go back and get his cage tomorrow and can't get a new one. Where approximately are you. Nearest city and country is sufficient.

I know I and many other members have extra cages or travel cages we could loan or donate to you.

:hug8:Many many virtual hugs. Having to leave in a hurry is rough.

ellevera

Moving in
Real Name
vee
Thank you so much! I am safe and i can get his cage tomorrow morning, it’s just as of now i have no way of doing so until then. Truly thank you i have been panicking over the fear that this will harm him in some way

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I do suggest that as soon as possible you get a travel cage for him. A cat or dog carrier about the size of that box would be sufficient. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just so you can attach a low perch and fit food and water in it.

It should be something light weight and easy to carry in case you have to leave on foot.

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I do suggest that as soon as possible you get a travel cage for him. A cat or dog carrier about the size of that box would be sufficient. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just so you can attach a low perch and fit food and water in it.

It should be something light weight and easy to carry in case you have to leave on foot.
Perhaps this one?