• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrot Rescue visit tomorrow!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
"So, I may be starting at Square 1 tomorrow."

I bet the 10 budgies will still be there... :cool:
And the 5 amazons and ALL THE FEATHERED LOVE A PERSON COULD WANT!

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I called the rescue this afternoon to make sure I was still ok to come at my appointed time tomorrow, and I am.

I also asked which of the birds were still available, and the cockatiel pair, the Quaker, and the little naked conure are still available. Also, for those who are on team CAG, he is also still there, lol!

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Which brings to mind my next question of those who have had CAGs: again, I will be returning to work in an office at some point. Will that be a problem with a bird as intelligent as a grey?

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Did the other folks fall through or change their minds after all? Have you been thinking about him much? bats lashes.gif

We've not had greys, only 'toos, but I figure as long as they have things to keep themselves occupied while you're away and get plenty of out of cage time when you're home they should be fine. :)

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Last edited:

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Did the other folks fall through or change their minds after all? Have you been thinking about him much? View attachment 361774

We've not had greys, only 'toos, but I figure as long as they have things to keep themselves occupied while you're away and get plenty of out of cage time when you're home they should be fine. :)
I was told there is a couple interested in him, but he is still there, and they have not paid his adoption fee. :shrug:

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
I can't wait to hear how it goes and if you have an even stronger connection with any of them this time around! They all sound so sweet and adorable, I wouldn't know what to do :xflove:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I haven't looked at craigslist in months so I decided to poke in a few minutes ago. I saw several birds available including a couple of blue front amazons. The one that REALLY caught my eye was a Golden conure about thirty minutes north of me. My Birdy Inn is closed so no new birds for me... four of mine need homes now. Rehab has been incredibly painful!