• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrot Rescue visit tomorrow!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You should give the dusky conure another chance. Duskies are generally busy birds and they like to play by themselves as well as interact with their human families. They can be very silly at times.
I'm probably not impartial, though, since I have one. I like that Jaden can entertain himself for hours but he also likes to spend time with me. He's comical, mischievous and very smart. He will lie on his back with toys and likes to put his ball toy in his water, take it out and shake it over his head so he gets sprinkled with water.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
@Kassiani has already said that the B&G is not for them. I don't think it is fair to say this as you many be putting pressure on her and swaying her decision to what you want, rather than her.

It's her choice, remember
She asked for advice, and that’s what she’s getting. She’s grown with her own mind; I’m sure the right bird will choose her.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You should give the dusky conure another chance. Duskies are generally busy birds and they like to play by themselves as well as interact with their human families. They can be very silly at times.
I'm probably not impartial, though, since I have one. I like that Jaden can entertain himself for hours but he also likes to spend time with me. He's comical, mischievous and very smart. He will lie on his back with toys and likes to put his ball toy in his water, take it out and shake it over his head so he gets sprinkled with water.
The Dusky is a fun little lad :) He displayed all the characteristic goofy, silly, acrobatic conure behaviors when I spent time with him. But really, I just didn't have a connection. Your Jaden sounds like a real sweetheart!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
What if... there's a completely new bird there next time and she blindsides all of us! :shocking: Plot Twist!

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my.....I hope I'm not that feckless a human being! Lol!

I never had time to call the rescue today, so whether I can visit tomorrow afternoon is really up in the air.

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
The macaw people sound biased. ;)

Does anyone know why the pionus hides? Are you considering the Amazons? They're very beautiful!!

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No....I am trying to not consider every bird in the world, lol! It was just interesting that they had 5. They have almost 10 budgies at the moment, but I’m not getting girlfriends for my boys because you never know how that would turn out. Maybe some Pi people could answer your question, but it might have something to do with the noise and activity level.