• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Our Green cheek pineapple counure - Mojo

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Are popsicles called lollies over there?
And Mojo looks like a king fu master with her stick. Love it :heart:
No lollies are called popsicles over there :lol:

Kung fu master :laughing7:brilliant

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The places where bird toys are being left is slowly expanding as well as her cage and her gym there are 2 hanging toys and a hanging perch in the conservatory and this.
20210616_200411.jpg
Just thrown on the coffee table as another distraction to keep her out of trouble :lol:

Got the smaller foodcup today simply screwed it onto a unused hook.
20210616_202922.jpg
As soon as it went on she bombed over and got stuck right in.

20210616_202925.jpg
Its her first go off pellets they are mixed with her usual seed.
25% of each pellet 50% seed will have a look at the end of the night i know the labafer her didnt go down to well as there was a couple of quaks made before flinging them onto the floor.
She also hasnt left the gym since she landed on it.
She is currently trying to destroy this foraging box.
20210616_205251.jpg

Just had a look in the food bowl she has smashed the roudaybush and none on the floor so thats quite positive.

Last edited:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Got round to making another foraging toy for Mojo that i could put onto her play gym yesterday.
The same idea as the last one but larger and a few more different bits and pieces.
20210619_172546.jpg

She has started to really enjoy playing on the coffee table in front of us of a evening.
So i through a few bits and pieces on the table to occupy her.
20210617_203237.jpg
Wanted to do something a bit better for her though. So made some smaller toys and repurpoused a stainless steel tray.

20210620_113722.jpg

Few to many toys no room for Mojo but will be able to swap things daily to keep things interesting.

20210620_113955.jpg
Hid some millet,nutriberry pieces and sunflower seeds through a few lolly sticks on for good measure ( something so simple really occupys her ) i am going through about 100 lolly sticks every 3 weeks think i need to find somewhere i can get 1000 of them in one go.

20210613_103721.jpg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Are popsicles called lollies over there?
Popsicle = Ice lolly.
So those sticks are ice lolly sticks. The handle for an ice lolly.
Lolly/lollies is shorter and quicker to say.
Really, lolly is a lollipop ie a chupa chub or a dib dab or something like that (hard candy on a small usually cylindrical stick).

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
need to find somewhere i can get 1000 of them in one go
This is a Canadian example, but wanted to point out tongue depressors as an option in your search...

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I buy undrilled sticks and tie 7 or 8 together with a bobble on each end then drill the hole.
If I can get coloured great, of not, I dye them with food dye and put them on a string horizontally to dry.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I buy undrilled sticks and tie 7 or 8 together with a bobble on each end then drill the hole.
If I can get coloured great, of not, I dye them with food dye and put them on a string horizontally to dry.
Any particular kind of food die ?

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
The human one we eat. From the supermarket.
You only need a super small amount mixed into water. Then hang them outside in the sun to dry. Be sure they´re completely dry before storing them.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is a Canadian example, but wanted to point out tongue depressors as an option in your search...
Brilliant i can get 1000 for what im paying for 300 at the moment

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aren’t they the most irritating, lovable, sassy and sweet things ever!?

:heart::heart::heart:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aren’t they the most irritating, lovable, sassy and sweet things ever!?

:heart::heart::heart:
I find there is no middle ground with Mojo she is either well behaved loving and cuddly or a total nightmare who would just rather annoy me.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mojo is currently testing my patience :bash:

I have just put her back in her cage something i have never felt the need to do as she was biting and biting hard.

Have witnessed the odd bit of aggressive behaviour over the last few days strutting on her perch and yesterday i pointed yes pointed at her food and she went crazy.

I actually had the following conversation with her.
Mojo i buy you that food put it in a bowl and give it to you i dont want it its your food.

Since Mojo came home i have been here but this week i had to go onsite for 4 days ( day off tomorrow :batnana:

So havent seen as much of her and i think this has had a impact, transitioning her to pellets think thats has a impact.
She has been showing little or no interest in the training i have been doing so going back to basics and going to start target training again.
I also done a big load of chop and froze it and this doesnt seem to be going down as well as i thought after observing Mojo i need to do another load of chop and it needs to contain more Chilli's,more Peppers more carrot and more cauliflower and all chopped smaller.
Think the last chop was a poor subsitute for
the fresh due to my lack of attention.
Gonna do another batch this weekend will freeze it but going to add some fresh on top of it as well.

I am going to continue with pellets will mix a scoop of them all into her seed but gonna ease of on transitioning as a whole.

Whilst typing this firstly Mojo escaped her cage :lol:
The door for her water hadnt been locked ( we hope ) so she got all Steve McQueen and made a great escape.
She has been good as gold since coming back out.

Even found a nutriberri in a toy on her forraging tray.

I cant complain she has been a pleasure since we got her i cant say i didnt see the change need to rethink things and take a step back.

I thought her moult was over however a load more pin feathers have come through so need to consider that as well.

20210620_174408.jpg

Any thoughts appreciated.

ConureGuy

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Paul
I've enjoyed reading through this and to see how much she's come along since you got her home, Also she's is stunning!

I've just got another cage set up ready to bring another home within the next week I've told myself I either love conures so much or I'm absolutely crazy I'll go with a bit of both :lol:

But I will continue to follow this post as I can't wait to see and hear more about Mojo she is a little dime. :heart:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've enjoyed reading through this and to see how much she's come along since you got her home, Also she's is stunning!

I've just got another cage set up ready to bring another home within the next week I've told myself I either love conures so much or I'm absolutely crazy I'll go with a bit of both :lol:

But I will continue to follow this post as I can't wait to see and hear more about Mojo she is a little dime. :heart:
Thanks for the kind words

She is curently very chilled and getting a scritch from my wife "she isnt feeling the love for me right now "

I have another conure on order from conures'n'co ( where i got Mojo ) that bundle of feathers wont be joining us until next March though will be a blue pineapple.

ConureGuy

Real Name
Paul
Thanks for the kind words

She is curently very chilled and getting a scritch from my wife "she isnt feeling the love for me right now "

I have another conure on order from conures'n'co ( where i got Mojo ) that bundle of feathers wont be joining us until next March though will be a blue pineapple.
Oh I look forward to seeing photos of that little one also but yes Mojo is very beautiful indeed.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
1 full Nutriberri = 1 happy Mojo

20210624_213629.jpg 20210624_213703.jpg 20210624_213719.jpg

Got a few free samples of these think i have one pack of 6 left think i need to get some ordered.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You giving her the Lafeber Nutriberries? If so I'd say try the Lafeber Fruit Delight AviCakes also my conures love them. :D
I will have a look at them up until the weekend i was just giving her bits of Nutriberrie the gave her a whole one she loved it as you can see.

ConureGuy

Real Name
Paul
I will have a look at them up until the weekend i was just giving her bits of Nutriberrie the gave her a whole one she loved it as you can see.
I tend to find my birds have different favourites to pick at my Skittles loves blueberries where as Kylo won't entertain them and just tosses them out of his dish lol,

But they both love the AviCakes it's Kylo's favourite treat where as Skittles prefers Pumpkin seeds.