• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Our Green cheek pineapple counure - Mojo

ConureGuy

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Paul
I dont feel old in my head but my body cant keep up with my head :laughing7:
Funny enough that's how I feel mentally I feel young but my body says different :rofl:

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You’re only old when you sit down in the recliner to read a magazine publication related to your profession and the conures take advantage of you falling asleep. I missed out on an entire article because Queenie shredded it into a nice pile on my chest while I dozed off! She probably picked my nose while I was sleeping too, knowing that little turd!

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You’re only old when you sit down in the recliner to read a magazine publication related to your profession and the conures take advantage of you falling asleep. I missed out on an entire article because Queenie shredded it into a nice pile on my chest while I dozed off! She probably picked my nose while I was sleeping too, knowing that little turd!
I dont read any magazine articles related to my profession

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I dont read any magazine articles related to my profession
I officially call you young! Fairly certain work publications only exist for those of us who can’t remember a darn thing… so we can look back on a reference.

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
You’re only old when you sit down in the recliner to read a magazine
Can't remember the last time I held a magazine in my hands, and I don't own a recliner, but I'm not exactly young, so I question this heuristic.

ConureGuy

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Paul
I fall asleep in my chair and the birds just copy me Kylo on top of his cage as he still doesn't full trust hands, And Skittles and Bandit in my hands depending which one I have with me at the time. :rofl:

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can't remember the last time I held a magazine in my hands, and I don't own a recliner, but I'm not exactly young, so I question this heuristic.
Well, have you and the birds ever felt an overwhelming urge to yell at kids or pigeons to get off the lawn??
Have the birds ever helped themselves to a drink or food of yours because you put the cup or plate down somewhere and forgot where that somewhere was?
Do the birds ever have to find your car keys or sunglasses for you?
Have the birds ever shredded junk mail from AARP?

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Well, have you and the birds ever felt an overwhelming urge to yell at kids or pigeons to get off the lawn??
I would never yell at a pigeon.
Have the birds ever helped themselves to a drink or food of yours because you put the cup or plate down somewhere and forgot where that somewhere was?
What's mine is theirs.
Do the birds ever have to find your car keys or sunglasses for you?
I always leave them in the same spot.
Have the birds ever shredded junk mail from AARP?
Avian something something something?

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wanted to change Mojos cage about a bit so she has more to occupy her so made a few small bits and pieces using things i know she enjoys. Cage is a bit more busy but not congested still loads of room for her to get about.

20210630_193116.jpg

20210630_195149.jpg

She is not home at the moment

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I got a free sample of Nutriberries and got that half hour of peace being a naieve keeper of a feathered spitfire i ran out of them. :bash: :bash::bash:
Note to self dont run out again 20210701_183150.jpg
The long rope i have bought to add to her gym i added a couple of little ropes to see if she liked climbing on them she did.
I got the rope out to see if i could get her interested in it took all of 2 seconds.
20210701_181834.jpg 20210701_181743.jpg 20210701_181734.jpg 20210701_181921.jpg

So rope will be going on the gym at the weekend.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Have decied to sell my fish tank for a few rather boring reasons so have enquired about a rather nice yellow side gcc it's a bit nervy by all accounts and thats a slight concern as Mojo is a dynamo and go's up to 11 however the new bird if it happens would be in qt in my mancave and i would be i a position to give some good quality 1 on 1 time to build confidence.

I have been planning on more conures for a while with the next being planned for March 2022 however with the tank going and this lovely yellow side being available ( been on there website for about a month ) i thought why not :huh:

Any feedback would be appreciated

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
All of my critical thinking skills go out the window when it comes to yellow sided GCCs so my only feedback is: hell yeah! Or Brilliant as you might say : ). Can’t wait to see photos if/when this happens.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
All of my critical thinking skills go out the window when it comes to yellow sided GCCs so my only feedback is: hell yeah! Or Brilliant as you might say : ). Can’t wait to see photos if/when this happens.
So after a phone call from Dave at conures'n'co whilst walking home from work tonight ( that i didn't hear had Black Sabbath on the headphones ) i got home and went through the normal routine with Mojo i have had to go through since i started working onsite ( this is only short term and will soon be back home )
Now the routine is as soon as i walk through the kitchen door i hear the flapping of wings and then she lands on my shoulder i then endure about 30 seconds of absolute screaching then she starts to chirp, i offer her my hand she steps up and then gives me a kiss.

Tonight she was sopping wet as my wife had given her a bath ( she wont entertain me bathing her ) so then whilst chilling with my feathered spitfire climbing all over me i called Dave back we had a good chat about Mojo and about the bird that will be Mojo's new friend and generally talked about conures for a while.
The outcome of the chat is i am now getting another cracking little bird to join my family.

We also discussed the blue pineapple i had previously spoken to him about now he only has to breeding pairs of blues and they can be hit and miss however he confirmed i still have first shout if there is a clutch off eggs.

Have always kept Dave updated on Mojo he is that kind of guy who likes to know how his birds are doing so whatsapp him a few pics every couple of weeks and a little bit of info but was good to speak to him and chat for a while.

He has been Joking for a while that i was a conure addict now tonight i think we both agreed that i was.

Sorry i haven't got any pics right now tried to get the pics of Daves website however my new bird is no longer there but thats fair enough she is no longer for sale will add pics when i do offload my tank and bring her home.

Or i get a nice pic from Dave