• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New flock member. Male or female?

Cinnamon86

Moving in
Hello!

We would like to add a new parrot to our family, so I was shopping for something else BUT they had this poor baby all alone and broke my heart :(
I dont feel that is is right to keep parrots alone without toys and in such small cages :(
Id like to know if it is a male or a female before taking any decisions, because we already have birds and Id like to avoid territorial drama as much as possible.
Of course my birds have space, great cages and outside playtime, so that is not a concern :)
Could you help me out? Is a male or a female? It looks like a female to me, but maybe it is just wishful thinking

Attachments

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Do you know how old this bird is?

Reactions: Ali

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
The ringneck...
:crycry2::angry101:

Skum

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bruce Bergeson
Hello!

We would like to add a new parrot to our family, so I was shopping for something else BUT they had this poor baby all alone and broke my heart :(
I dont feel that is is right to keep parrots alone without toys and in such small cages :(
Id like to know if it is a male or a female before taking any decisions, because we already have birds and Id like to avoid territorial drama as much as possible.
Of course my birds have space, great cages and outside playtime, so that is not a concern :)
Could you help me out? Is a male or a female? It looks like a female to me, but maybe it is just wishful thinking
I'd say female, looks adorable anyway

Cinnamon86

Moving in
Update:
While posting on groups I was contacted to rehome a 5 years old cocktail. ;)
This is not exactly what I wanted, but it is where i can be of most help. That hen is gonna be so happy!
(*´∨`*)
I'm a little sad for the baby at the pet shop, but I also know that it's easier to get a home for a baby than it is for an adult bird.
Thanks for all your help! :)
Wait for pics

Tara81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tara
Those chest freckles make me swoon. Too cute. Someone will love him or her. I don’t think you can sex a pearl tiel at that age.