• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

StarTrick

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Zoe
Heya! This cage was such a nightmare to put together, and we've still had to leave some parts out. Hopefully when we try again next time it'll be easier and won't take 4 days and 4 men, lol. It's safe and works though! Luca is loving his new toys, and is particularly fond of the ladder.
Luca's Cage 1.jpg Luca's Cage 2.jpg IMG_8166.jpg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Your bird should be happy in there :heart:

I need to ask.... did it really take 4 of you 4 days to put up?

StarTrick

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Zoe
Your bird should be happy in there :heart:

I need to ask.... did it really take 4 of you 4 days to put up?
It's embarrassing, but it did. I helped with everything that didn't need strength — so it technically took 5 people haha. We had to contact the seller so many times because parts just wouldn't fit, and the instructions were the worst any of us have ever seen. I would rather build a house from scratch than build this cage! The main issues were needing hammers and 3 people pulling different parts different ways to get them to slot in enough for us to cable tie things back down to try and connect other parts... or screw pieces together. I do love the finished build though

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
It's embarrassing, but it did. I helped with everything that didn't need strength — so it technically took 5 people haha. We had to contact the seller so many times because parts just wouldn't fit, and the instructions were the worst any of us have ever seen. I would rather build a house from scratch than build this cage! The main issues were needing hammers and 3 people pulling different parts different ways to get them to slot in enough for us to cable tie things back down to try and connect other parts... or screw pieces together. I do love the finished build though
Oh boy you poor thing. Sorry, I had to laugh because I know how hard it would have been to assemble using the instructions- they are a cruel joke lol.

I had my daughter help me put one of mine up and after 30 seconds looking at them stupid instructions I piffed them aside and worked it out in no time without the confusing incorrect instructions. Burt hates his double macaw cage- the surprise for him when we move is it is bad luck he does not like it... I am piffing his current cage as it is terribly broken lol.