• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My budgie died Suddenly

SohamVispu

Moving in
Real Name
Soham
My female budgie died suddenly today afternoon.....I had a pair Cherry (fem) and Blossom (male)......The female died today afternoon without any symptoms......She had some feces on anus when she died and it looked to me like infection......What could be the reason of her death?......We have burried her and we are giving to give blossom back to the shopkeeper....We had bought them 1 year ago it's so sad for us....On 19 th jan only they completed 1 year.......Please tell me the cause of her death as I don't know anything about this....Is it bird flu or something or anything else....Please tell me urgently!

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I don’t know anything about why it happened, but why are you giving Blossom back?

SohamVispu

Moving in
Real Name
Soham
My female budgie died suddenly today afternoon.....I had a pair Cherry (fem) and Blossom (male)......The female died today afternoon without any symptoms......She had some feces on anus when she died and it looked to me like infection......What could be the reason of her death?......We have burried her and we are giving to give blossom back to the shopkeeper....We had bought them 1 year ago it's so sad for us....On 19 th jan only they completed 1 year.......Please tell me the cause of her death as I don't know anything about this....Is it bird flu or something or anything else....Please tell me urgently!

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Then what shall I do please tell me i am new
The only one who could tell you what happened is a vet with a necropsy, but you can’t do that now because you’ve buried her.

We can try to help a little bit be we cannot give you answer.

So why are you giving away Blossom? It just doesn’t really make sense to me.

ParrotNuts

Real Name
Atharv
I'm very sorry for your loss... :bighug:
To know the exact cause of death, you will need a necropsy (animal autopsy) to be done by your vet.

BirdWorld

Could she have been egg bound?
I have heard that the other bird in pair will also die soon if he doesn't get another friend
No, a lone budgie will not die, that’s a myth. Lone budgies can be happy alone if given proper care and attention :)

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I have heard that the other bird in pair will also die soon if he doesn't get another friend
That’s not true, he will probably feel a bit lonely for a little while but he will not die from it. If he were to die as well it would probably be from sickness if that’s what took Cherry.

I also suddenly lost a female budgie recently, and my male was quieter than normal and not as active at first while grieving but he’s doing okay now.

I would find an Avian Vet to take Blossom too to make sure he’s not sick.

SohamVispu

Moving in
Real Name
Soham
Could she have been egg bound?

No, a lone budgie will not die, that’s a myth. Lone budgies can be happy alone if given proper care and attention :)
But if there was some disease / infection to cherry then blossom must have also caught it then it's risky!!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm sorry for your loss. As was stated, without a necropsy we would only be guessing as to cause of death. If you think the bird was sick though, you should take Blossom to a vet for a vet check. You don't have to take Blossom back to the pet store. He will miss his friend but if he's healthy, he won't die. You should just try to spend extra time with him. And then once you know he's okay, you can think about getting a second budgie if you want. Just keep in mind that there should be a 30 day quarantine period before introducing new birds to new each and they may want separate cages.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
There is no way for us to tell you, I'm afraid. Birds hide illnesses very well and many illnesses have similar symptoms.

SohamVispu

Moving in
Real Name
Soham
I'm sorry for your loss. As was stated, without a necropsy we would only be guessing as to cause of death. If you think the bird was sick though, you should take Blossom to a vet for a vet check. You don't have to take Blossom back to the pet store. He will miss his friend but if he's healthy, he won't die. You should just try to spend extra time with him. And then once you know he's okay, you can think about getting a second budgie if you want. Just keep in mind that there should be a 30 day quarantine period before introducing new birds to new each and they may want separate cages.
Okay will ask my parents!

SohamVispu

Moving in
Real Name
Soham
But can you all tell me that if it is a bird flu or not because I live in India and here bird flu is spreading!

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
But can you all tell me that if it is a bird flu or not because I live in India and here bird flu is spreading!
We cannot tell you if it’s bird flu, only a vet can.

If you’re worried about it, make sure to wash your hands well every time you interact with Blossom and keep his cage as clean as possible.

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
I'm so sorry for your loss. :sadhug2: