• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

My bluefront had an accident. (sad update #16)

Munchy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Archie gallo
I came home from work and my bird was in the corner of the cage,I noticed he was hurt, I think he got his foot caught in the cage and he panicked,my Munchy is semitamed only, and is not easily handled,I quickly grabbed a small blanket and grabbed him he was screaming loud, I turned him over and saw his right leg was bloody some wet some dry blood, I immeatly transferred him to a small cash, I took of all perches and bowls I laid out newspaper and a towel and put him on it,I hope he survives the night so I can take him to vet in am, I’m not sure how bad the injury is, he’s in my spare bathroom in small cage and I covered cage, he’s not screaming in pain, I think that might be a good sign. Has anyone have this happen, and what should I prepare myself for? I love my bird so much, I was just playing whistling games with him a few hours earlier, he’s always been so active climbing all over his big cage going up and down his latter,my questions are if he broke his foot or worse can he still survive on one foot,meanwhile he’s like in laying egg position but he’s alert,I’m going thru a terrible time right now, any feed back will be greatly appreciated, I’m heart broken 28 years with my Munchy breaking my heart, I also understand I won’t know anything until I go to vet. But I need to be prepared, this is killing me!!!!!!!im trying to load a video of current situation I’m getting error message that video is to long, how could that be video is under 2 mins????? Actually 19 secs long, what’s going on???????

Attachments

Munchy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Archie gallo
I came home from work and my bird was in the corner of the cage,I noticed he was hurt, I think he got his foot caught in the cage and he panicked,my Munchy is semitamed only, and is not easily handled,I quickly grabbed a small blanket and grabbed him he was screaming loud, I turned him over and saw his right leg was bloody some wet some dry blood, I immeatly transferred him to a small cash, I took of all perches and bowls I laid out newspaper and a towel and put him on it,I hope he survives the night so I can take him to vet in am, I’m not sure how bad the injury is, he’s in my spare bathroom in small cage and I covered cage, he’s not screaming in pain, I think that might be a good sign. Has anyone have this happen, and what should I prepare myself for? I love my bird so much, I was just playing whistling games with him a few hours earlier, he’s always been so active climbing all over his big cage going up and down his latter,my questions are if he broke his foot or worse can he still survive on one foot,meanwhile he’s like in laying egg position but he’s alert,I’m going thru a terrible time right now, any feed back will be greatly appreciated, I’m heart broken 28 years with my Munchy breaking my heart, I also understand I won’t know anything until I go to vet. But I need to be prepared, this is killing me!!!!!!!im trying to load a video of current situation I’m getting error message that video is to long, how could that be video is under 2 mins????? Actually 19 secs long, what’s going on???????
Why can’t I post a 7 second video?????

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
You will need to link your footage from another site such as Youtube, FB, instagram etc

Munchy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Archie gallo
I’m new at this how exactly am I suppose to do this?????

Munchy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Archie gallo
So upload the tragic accident of my bird to YouTube or fb first? Is that what ure saying????

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Birds absolutely can survive and live long lives with one leg.

Unfortunately server space needed to host thousands of videos is extremely expensive, and as this is a free forum that is paid for by the owner from her own pocket, it is a limitation we have to work around.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Hi,
Im so sorry your burd had an injury .
Yes a bird csn survive with one foot. But hopefully the veterinarian can do something to support and save the foot.

Munchy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Archie gallo

Unfortunately server space needed to host thousands of videos is extremely expensive, and as this is a free forum that is paid for by the owner from her own pocket, it is a limitation we have to work around.

Oh ok I understand, it is a quick video though only 7 seconds long I just wanted to show his condition after accident, it’s a lot more detailed in video, anyway my question is if Munchy was in a lot of pain fracture or broken leg would he not be screaming in pain, he’s in smaller cage and I made a bed on bottom of cage and covered cage. He’s very quiet and I don’t want to dirturb him.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Burds are prey species , so they dont usually scream like we would with a broken leg.

They still feel the pain. But hide it. The vet well give your burd pain relief safe for birds while he recovers.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yes him being quiet is not a good indicator of him not being in pain, I'm afraid.

The video length unfortunately doesn't matter. The feature is not available.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If anything, sick or injured prey animals will be even quieter than usual - the last thing they want to do is attract a predator when they are more vulnerable than usual.

I hope you're able to get Munchy to a vet. They'll be able to examine and x-ray his foot to check for damage. I hope that its straightforward and that pain medication and anti-inflammatories are all that's needed.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh no so sorry to hear this. I hope the vet is able to help Munchy and he will be ok.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
How is your buddy?

Munchy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Archie gallo
Burds are prey species , so they dont usually scream like we would with a broken leg.

They still feel the pain. But hide it. The vet well give your burd pain relief safe for birds while he recovers.
He had a stroke and his legs paralyzed he bit the leg to try and figure why he couldn’t stand, no feeling in leg.

F5009E9A-47E9-4538-95CF-BD0041DCA2F5.jpeg 4A2A0CA5-C4E0-4210-81D2-38399B1000D8.jpeg 733BBE19-20B6-49CA-A4B7-2724C5659457.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Munchy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Archie gallo
You will need to link your footage from another site such as Youtube, FB, instagram etc
He was having a stroke and my munchy of 28 years died this morning at vet. Thank you for the upload.

Munchy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Archie gallo
He had a stroke and his legs paralyzed he bit the leg to try and figure why he couldn’t stand, no feeling in leg.
I’m not blaming anyone for Munchy death.

Munchy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Archie gallo

When I reached out to community he was having a stroke, my video of his current status was denied.

Attachments