• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

My bluefront had an accident. (sad update #16)

Munchy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Archie gallo
When I reached out to community he was having a stroke, my video of his current status was denied.
This was truly an emergency 7 second video to show his current condition.i reached out looking for advice. Like I said I’m not blaming anyone for my Munchy death.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
You did all of the right things getting him into a smaller space and getting him calm and comfortable and to the vet quickly. I am so sorry that the outcome wasn't different.

The video would not have likely told us anything different.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
He was having a stroke and my munchy of 28 years died this morning at vet. Thank you for the upload.
I am truly so so sorry for your loss, I promise you that if there was more any one of us could have done to help you then we would have done it. I was hoping to find good news from the vet visit today. You have my deepest condolences for your huge loss. :bighug:

Munchy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Archie gallo
You will need to link your footage from another site such as Youtube, FB, instagram etc
My bird was having a stroke, 7 second video to show current condition. Munchy is now dead....and like I said I’m not blaming anyone for his death, but I am very disappointed in members of this site, I cried out for help.

66CC2F5A-A79C-4967-B2FC-B1835504D063.jpeg
E9BF3795-0313-476D-84F6-B38B181FE6B0.jpeg 618410E8-5DC8-4839-99DA-81E45E079192.jpeg

Attachments

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry that Munchy has passed away. I was so hoping for better news.

You did well in keeping him quiet and comfortable and then getting him to the vet as soon as you could. That's all we on the forum would have suggested. Unfortunately we aren't vets and couldn't have given you any different advice. Even if you had been able to share the video, all we could have done is tell you to get him to an avian vet asap.

Munchy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Archie gallo
You did all of the right things getting him into a smaller space and getting him calm and comfortable and to the vet quickly. I am so sorry that the outcome wasn't different.

The video would not have likely told us anything different.
I waited 6 hrs before taking him to vet, maybe just maybe someone could have advices differently, it didn’t happen, like I said I’m blaming no one for Munchy death, but I am very disappointed.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I know it's hard right now and you're in so much pain from your loss and your world feels like it's crashing down with Munchy gone. But please take comfort in knowing you gave him an amazing life were he was so loved and cherished. You did everything you could to get him the help he needed. I so wish the outcome had been different. You're in all of our thoughts.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I waited 6 hrs before taking him to vet, maybe just maybe someone could have advices differently, it didn’t happen, like I said I’m blaming no one for Munchy death, but I am very disappointed.
I am not sure what else we could have advised. I did tell you how to post a video so you could show us if needed. There is not a magical switch to switch on to allow you to post a video. The functionality is completely not available to any of us. 1AM EST is a very slow time on the forum as a large percentage of the forum is in North America.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
You need to understand we are simply bird owners just like you are, we are not vets or miracle workers. We could not have helped you more than we did.

Munchy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Archie gallo
I'm so sorry that Munchy has passed away. I was so hoping for better news.

You did well in keeping him quiet and comfortable and then getting him to the vet as soon as you could. That's all we on the forum would have suggested. Unfortunately we aren't vets and couldn't have given you any different advice. Even if you had been able to share the video, all we could have done is tell you to get him to an avian vet asap.
UNDERSTOOD, maybe something different could happen, next time someone’s in panic about their best friend, not allowing that video to upload, was a real turnoff for me.think about it, IF IT WAS You’re best friend dying.

Munchy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Archie gallo
You need to understand we are simply bird owners just like you are, we are not vets or miracle workers. We could not have helped you more than we did.
Like I said I’m not blaming anyone, how u feel that’s ure business. What about the next bird owner, same?

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Like I said I’m not blaming anyone, how u feel that’s ure business. What about the next bird owner, same?
Pardon?

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
UNDERSTOOD, maybe something different could happen, next time someone’s in panic about their best friend, not allowing that video to upload, was a real turnoff for me.think about it, IF IT WAS You’re best friend dying.
You never posted a video here for anyone to not allow.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You never posted a video here for anyone to not allow.

I think they mean because it couldn't just be uploaded like a pic and it would have had to be uploaded on another site first

Last edited by a moderator:

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
:sorrow:Im so sorry Munchy has a stroke, and wasn't going to be recoverable. My deepest sympathy. Its a hard but final gift to them. To ease their suffering. It's one ive had to make many times in my life with my beloved companions.

Hugs..we care..many of us know just how hard it is to loose our loves.

We aren't veterinarians here. Even if we had been able to view the video , we wouldn't be able to know.

Unfortunately a stroke....there isn't much or anything that can be done.
You had many wonderful years together. We always want more time always. 20-25 years is a common lifespan in an Amazon. Some individuals may live longer. In my research in veterinarian / zoo articles on retrospective lifespan study that was found to be the average. I hope that gives some comfort.

I'm so very sorry

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
This was truly an emergency 7 second video to show his current condition.i reached out looking for advice. Like I said I’m not blaming anyone for my Munchy death.
None of us can post videos directly to the forum. They have to posted abd linked off thus site. Ive heard you can make private you tube videos then only share the link here. But really im terrible with technology.

Munchy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Archie gallo
By allowing the 7 min upload maybe just maybe a birds life could have been saved, I’m not talking about my Munchy, I’m talking about another member with an emergency, maybe, a reply on how to stop bleeding, anything would help a desperate bird owner, not you of course cause u got all the answers.

Munchy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Archie gallo
:sorrow:Im so sorry Munchy has a stroke, and wasn't going to be recoverable. My deepest sympathy. Its a hard but final gift to them. To ease their suffering. It's one ive had to make many times in my life with my beloved companions.

Hugs..we care..many of us know just how hard it is to loose our loves.

We aren't veterinarians here. Even if we had been able to view the video , we wouldn't be able to know.

Unfortunately a stroke....there isn't much or anything that can be done.
You had many wonderful years together. We always want more time always. 20-25 years is a common lifespan in an Amazon. Some individuals may live longer. In my research in veterinarian / zoo articles on retrospective lifespan study that was found to be the average. I hope that gives some comfort.

I'm so very sorry
Yes it does and I know that to be true, proper burial in my pet cemetery, I will miss his whistles dearly, I have always been a responsible pet owner, my dogs all had their tags flea tabs everything and I know I did all I could do, I just wanna say that as a community people should be there, in the good like when bragging about ure pet, and the bad like if something is going on with ure pet after hours any relief is help, not after the fact, that’s easy.someone could have said ok he’s bleeding here’s how to stop that, did I get that no I did not.and u know that I know that we all know when our friends are bleeding we know what to do. You get my drift buddy?????? And like I said before I blame no one for my Munchy death.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Im so sorry :sadhug2:
It has to have been terrifying , and leaving anyone feeling helpless.

It was the middle of the night for me, I was only up because of kidney stone pain.

I lost a budgie buddy to a stroke /seizures ...there was nothing my Avian veterinarian could do. They wanted to euthanasia...but I foolishly held onto hope for some miracle....and he suffered....and if I could go back I would have ended his suffering at once.

Really even if you had taken him to emergency right that moment ...I don't think the outcome would be any different.

Your emotions are going to be all over the place as you process your grief. Ive been there..part of me is still there with the loss of my Neptune.

Please hold onto the love. Your pain is as deep as your love. It shows how deep and important the connection is with our special amazing companions . You did everything you possibly could. And yiu shared a long life together.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
By allowing the 7 min upload maybe just maybe a birds life could have been saved, I’m not talking about my Munchy, I’m talking about another member with an emergency, maybe, a reply on how to stop bleeding, anything would help a desperate bird owner, not you of course cause u got all the answers.
Our forum can not hold videos. We don't have the space. You upload to u tube and link it.