• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My 3-month cockatiel has pink/red nose?help :(

kokich1

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello! I am new to the forum. I joined because I need help to know if my cockatiel is okay or if it needs anything :( I've noticed its nose being kind of red, and I don't know what may have caused it or what is causing it.
However, sometimes it gets back to its normal color (the part of the nose that is not the nostrils) which I'll point in a picture. But the nostrils are still like pink when the part I just mentioned gets normal. Right now, only the nostrils are kinda pink-reddish, and I don't know what it might be. Is it something in the air? or inside its nose? or is it normal?

I'm scared because I just read about Teflon poisoning and even though my room is far from the kitchen, I don't know if something may have entered when I close or open the door. Also, it has flought over the living room, so I'm also scared there was some in the air or idk.

Also, I'm thinking about getting a purifier which I read is good for them.

Annddd also, its feet are pink, is it okay for a grey cockatiel to be like pink?

Thank you if you can help me :(

Attachments

Gladriele

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Genevieve
I would say she's hormonal :)

Though, one of my boys goes red and then 2 hours later is completely normal again.

Also, Get new cookware its so cheap and worth it. I spent $1000 on a new pot set I had to get rid of after 2 weeks because I got my babies. It's worth your piece of mind.

I got this: Super cheap and works SOOO well. Nothing sticks.