• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mojo and Kiki

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Bit of a java tree photo dump got to say the best thing i have ever bought they are exceptional.
The pvc stand will be going into semi retirement .
Will be changing things up tomorrow on and in the cage and adding to the trees.

View attachment 403188 View attachment 403189 View attachment 403190 View attachment 403191 View attachment 403192 View attachment 403193 View attachment 403194 View attachment 403195 View attachment 403196 View attachment 403197
Ooh that's wonderful that they love it so much! I bet you could find a way to hang their foraging bins on there. Let me tag @webchirp she's got hanging bins that would work out smashingly!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I also highly recommend an Oddball hanging orb from @Susan and Oliver 's store Oliver's Garden if she's able to ship to you. Her rope products are an amazing addition to a Java tree I have many of them on mine.

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ooh that's wonderful that they love it so much! I bet you could find a way to hang their foraging bins on there. Let me tag @webchirp she's got hanging bins that would work out smashingly!
I have a plan to put a foraging basket above each of the girls cages hopefully it works out as i see it in my head.

I also highly recommend an Oddball hanging orb from @Susan and Oliver 's store Oliver's Garden if she's able to ship to you. Her rope products are an amazing addition to a Java tree I have many of them on mine.
I also have a orb that i plan to hang just off one of there cages if the plan works out.

20220218_202725.jpg

Hopefully the plan i have in my head works out ok.

I do plan on adding a tiki bar swing from SeriouslyNutz onto the tree as a further foraging oppertunity when i make my next order.

Appreciate the call though and something i will consider if my plans go west.
I do like to change things up quite regularly moving perches and toys about quite a bit to keep thinks fresh.

And hopefully the toys on the stand will encourage KiKi a bit more as she plays on there with Mojo.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I spy a wet chicken enjoying herself.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Love the little bins and setup. Nice job!! Yes, I just took a larger tupperware bin and drilled four holes in the corners and attached rope. Tobias loves playing in it.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mojo has screamed like a banshee since we got home from Thailand initially this was just when we werent in the room and escalated to even if we where in the room and she was in her cage.
My first thoughts where when she cant see us she thinks we have left her again however now i think she got a lot of treats when we where gone if she was noisy to quieten her.

Have worked hard with her over the course of the last week by ignoring the screaming and rewarding the quiet, had to get Tracy onside as she was a bit free with the treats during the noisy times tonight saw some good progress and she responded well to me telling her quiet and got rewarded for being a good girl.

She has also been a little bit more bitey than usual and i think she is hormonal and getting a bit nesty.

20220220_111300.jpg
Seeing a lot of this in her cage and she has been getting in the hood of my hoody.

Keeks likes to follow suit

20220220_111305.jpg

Hasnt quite worked out how to get under the paper yet :lol:

I am quiet happy with what i have done with there cages however i want to replace the dowl perches with Java branches but need to aquire ones i can attach easily enough. So gonna have to send a picture to scarletts of what i am after see if they can sort out what i want.

The foraging baskets have not been used Mojo has got on them but as of yet hasnt got involved i just think it's a matter of time and once she gets going her little cousin will follow along.

The Java trees are winners and the toys on them are being used more by Mojo now KeeK watches on so hopefully she will start using the toys in her cage a bit more.

20220223_184525.jpg 20220223_185731.jpg

Spend a load of money on perches and trees but cant help but smile when they want to chill on your arm.

We hang a curtain across the arch from the living room into the kitchen to stop them getting out ( this was never a problem with Mojo she used to go around the whole house with me but to risky with KiKi she panics and go's crazy if Mojo leaves the room ) now Mojo learnt how to escape yesterday so had to make it more robust with a few more nails so it hung better.

Every day is a school day with these two.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well the plan to relocate the cages to where my fish tank used to be didnt quite pan out as i wanted. I put them there thought the looked good there however two little feathered rascals didnt appear to agree.
Mojo was doing a bit of screaming ( i thought this was off the back of the holiday ) the screaming escalated daily until it was none stop :think1:
It was also noticeable that she wasnt playing with her toys as much, Tracy reckoned they didnt like the new location so moved everything back today and imediately two quiet chilled birds and toys getting played with again. Im guessing they liked looking out the windows and the light was better.
So normal service has resumed.

20220228_182228.jpg 20220228_182901.jpg

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
They are creatures of habit. Give Pippen a treat and she immediately drops in the bowl on her platform she has designated as the treat cup. Nerd used to have cups for food and a treat bowl on top and he rigorously enforced what food, treat went where. If I put it in the wrong one he'd grab it and carry it to the right one and drop it in. Lurch when he got here lived in Nerds old small cage. H3 didn't mind and claimed it as home just like Nerd before him. When he got his new bigger mansion he would fly over to the old one and hang out on top like it was a old friend. Maybe try moving them around for short periods so they get used to things changing and they'll eventually accept the new spot. I don't blame them for liking the spot by the window though. Nerd used to warn us when hawks and crows were outside the window he could see the from his spot and he was always free ranging when we were home because he didn't fly well and never tried to escape. He was happy with his lot in life and was quite fond of us in his flock.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well the plan to relocate the cages to where my fish tank used to be didnt quite pan out as i wanted. I put them there thought the looked good there however two little feathered rascals didnt appear to agree.
Mojo was doing a bit of screaming ( i thought this was off the back of the holiday ) the screaming escalated daily until it was none stop :think1:
It was also noticeable that she wasnt playing with her toys as much, Tracy reckoned they didnt like the new location so moved everything back today and imediately two quiet chilled birds and toys getting played with again. Im guessing they liked looking out the windows and the light was better.
So normal service has resumed.

View attachment 403690 View attachment 403691
Aw sorry that it didn't work out the way you were wanting. Silly girls :heart:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aw sorry that it didn't work out the way you were wanting. Silly girls :heart:
So long as they appear happy all is good.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Hmmm... That leaves a large, aquarium shaped footprint for other bird cages. You had thought about a turquoise green cheek. Are you still interested in that long term? If so, maybe the new bird would like that spot.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hmmm... That leaves a large, aquarium shaped footprint for other bird cages. You had thought about a turquoise green cheek. Are you still interested in that long term? If so, maybe the new bird would like that spot.
Mojo and KiKi get on so well i am hesitant to add another bird and changing the dynamic of them for the time being.

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
I put them there thought the looked good there however two little feathered rascals didnt appear to agree.
They'll adjust :)

Silly example of birds liking sameness -- I have to shave more frequently than I'd like so the "change" isn't so drastic.