• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mojo and Kiki

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Arrived home at midday to two very happy birds they went crazy when they saw us :)
KiKi twittering away and Mojo saying Hello over and over to us.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Arrived home at midday to two very happy birds they went crazy when they saw us :)
Awww I knew they would be so pleased to see you. Welcome back!

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is good to hear! Queenie resents me if I ever do go anyplace, and I hear about it and feel her pissy attitude for a week after I get home.

How fared their supplies whilst you were gone? Did they go through the lot?

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How fared their supplies whilst you were gone? Did they go through the lot?
Couple of bags of food left, few toys destroyed but overall done ok.

Tonight i had to start working on teaching KiKi not to bite, i called her to me she landed on my leg as usual i asked her to step up she did got her treat usually she would be off straight away but she sat on my hand for about 10 mins :bliss:
I called her to me a few more times during the evening and she flew straight to my hand each time and stayed there for a while each time (hence the biting checking out what these hands are about ) nothing to be concerned about just exploring but she needs to learn whats to hard and whats ok. 20220206_194615.jpg

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awww. Little Keeks is growing up. Soon she won’t be a baby anymore! Is she nipping at Tracy too?

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awww. Little Keeks is growing up. Soon she won’t be a baby anymore! Is she nipping at Tracy too?
No she doesnt bother with Tracy so much neither of the girls went near her tonight.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Pippen still wants to try and nip and grab our fingers. I tell her gentle and she'll back off a bit. Tonight I walked up to her and she immediately shoved her head into the bars and wanted a scritch. I told her good girl and got some good scritches in before she decided grabbing the finger was more fun. It's great your girls are coming around and are so happy.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Pippen still wants to try and nip and grab our fingers. I tell her gentle and she'll back off a bit. Tonight I walked up to her and she immediately shoved her head into the bars and wanted a scritch. I told her good girl and got some good scritches in before she decided grabbing the finger was more fun. It's great your girls are coming around and are so happy.
Thats good news about the scritches even though Pippen then grabbed your finger. I think KiKi just needs time to learn whats ok and whats not and now i think she will get there. Its nice to see her gaining confidence.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
If she sits there nicely now she's figuring it out and deciding may be your ok to hang out with and don't need da bitez anymore. Lurch got there eventually and he was very good at biting.

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Alright that is just cuteness overload!! :faint:

i have to stop looking up your posts! It makes me want another cheeky and I have no room for one unless I throw hubby out, and after 40 years he might have something to say about that!!:rofl:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Still no Roudybush available in the UK i tried some Zupreem with KiKi again mixed with the Roudybush California mix and she ate some :) so tried a bowl of just Zupreem the following day and she cleared her bowl pleased with that.
Was doing recal training with Mojo getting her to fly to my leg i point to where i want her to land and she flys there, she landed on my leg and as i was offering her a sunflower seed Keeks flew to my hand and totally stole the seed :loltears:

20220210_190813.jpg

Little Kicker is also now stepping up without the treat on show and not one bite from her today.

Of course once keeks is on my hand our Mojo doesnt want to be left out.

20220210_191156.jpg

Fishtank is finally going Saturday so the girls cages will be getting moved and i can make a start with sorting out the bird zone :) .
I have a plan but will take a couple of months to sort out watch this space.

20220210_191153.jpg

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
They are both adorable.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mojo has been particularly cranky since i moved her cage she screamed all day yesterday and when she come out she was really aggressive towards keeks so much so after splitting them up a few times i had to return her to her cage befote she injured KeeK, she bit her tail her wings and her feet.
Thankfully normal service has been resumed today.

http://instagr.am/p/CZ-GchtAEqO/

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The girls usually spend most of Tuesday out of there cages as i dont work today Mojo headed into her cage to eat followed by KiKi.

20220215_154354.jpg

They happily chilled in there for 20 mins both eating and drinking before Mojo decided she had enough of KiKi being in her house.
Splitting two fighting conures up in a cage is not the easiest of things to do.
Ive now got two very sore hands :nocomment: