• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

minky, my ~3 month old lorikeet

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's so flipping adorable! I can't get enough of him :heart:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
He's way too cute for his own good.

minkylory

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nel
20211129_132943.jpg I'm sorry buddy I need a nap and I don't wanna accidentally roll on you while I sleep :cry: (I promise he doesn't spend too much time in a cage, just while I nap, go out or need to clean)

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Better to be safely in the cage for a bit then to risk something terrible to happen while your asleep. It's OK if he has to be in his cage sometimes it's not a bad thing as long he gets to be out an appropriate amount of time :).

minkylory

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nel
Better to be safely in the cage for a bit then to risk something terrible to happen while your asleep. It's OK if he has to be in his cage sometimes it's not a bad thing as long he gets to be out an appropriate amount of time :).
yeah he spends usually about 5-6 hours out of his cage each day, sometimes much longer :p it just depends

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's better then Tobias gets cause I work a lot. Lucky Minky :heart:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
aww, well you gotta work to keep food on the table for you and your bird :p your bird is lucky to have such an awesome owner!! :D
Aw that's very sweet of you to say. Thank you

minkylory

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nel
oh yeah I forgot to say but for some reason, ever since I got minky almost 5 months ago, he's been a very sneezy bird. he's always sneezed (no discharge just a couple sneezes every so often), could it be allergies or from dust? I dont think he is sick because he would've died long ago when he was a small fluff ball. I do have bird antibiotics though just in case (bought for my dogs as its cheaper than going to the vet and works for them as well). he could be mimicking because I often get sinus infections and have really bad allergies sometimes but I don't know haha ;;

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
My birds all sneeze and cough just like me, and cough like my husband.

minkylory

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nel
got a big order of some lorikeet food in today :) got a box of wombaroo, passwells complete lorikeet, wombaroo shake n make and a calcium bell and it was only about $25 including shipping. they gave us a bird nerd sticker and a cute round bird sticker too hehe. if anyone in Australia needs to get bird supplies i recommend vet-n-pet DIRECT | Australia's Online Pet Shop Expert
20211130_190806.jpg (excuse my gross leg and the mess haha)