• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

minky, my ~3 month old lorikeet

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
She is so cute. I love how she lays on her back holding her "hands" together.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Very sweet :heart2:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my goodness! What a beauty she is and so playful! I just love Rainbow Lorikeets,the literal Rainbows of the parrot world :heart: Keep the pics coming please ;)

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww,look at him! That's so cute! Messy bird faces are the best :heart:

minkylory

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nel
Aww,look at him! That's so cute! Messy bird faces are the best :heart:
I know right!! always been a messy boy/girl since he (or she) was just a little grey slightly fluffy ball :) :heart: (honestly gotta get minky dna tested because i have no clue of its gender, not that it really matters haha)

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I know right!! always been a messy boy/girl since he (or she) was just a little grey slightly fluffy ball :) :heart: (honestly gotta get minky dna tested because i have no clue of its gender, not that it really matters haha)
I wondered about that cause I think earlier in the post you said she and then this time said He so I had hoped I hadnt gotten the gender wrong. I always like to know gender for health reasons most of all. That way I know for sure if I ever need to worry about eggies ect that can only happen with one of the genders. But either way Minky is a super cutie :heart:

minkylory

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nel
I wondered about that cause I think earlier in the post you said she and then this time said He so I had hoped I hadnt gotten the gender wrong. I always like to know gender for health reasons most of all. That way I know for sure if I ever need to worry about eggies ect that can only happen with one of the genders. But either way Minky is a super cutie :heart:
I tend to go with "he" most of the time but sometimes I switch between the two haha :p definitely, gotta take extra care with the egg laying. wouldn't want my little buddy to become egg bound and somehow realise too late :( I'm not sure when I should get the DNA testing, probably soon though haha, it'd be very exciting to know for sure :)