• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

minky, my ~3 month old lorikeet

minkylory

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nel
Ellie has been so aggressive lately.. I have no idea why, usually she's so sweet with me but she's just been biting me a lot. maybe she's mad because she's been moved to a different room, idk

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Awwww!! I think you might have the cutest Lori :loveshower: :awww:

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
View attachment 415988 if anyone was wondering how big rainbow lorikeet eggs were, here's a comparison next to a pen lid. Ellie decided to lay another egg today, probably why she's been so angry
Bet you’d be angry if you popped one of those (proportionate) things out after a week of development, too.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I’m going to make a Quaker parakeet stuffed animal with my felt collection.
you have two of the most beautiful parrots ever.

minkylory

Real Name
Nel
Bet you’d be angry if you popped one of those (proportionate) things out after a week of development, too.
oh absolutely, considering she's 16 years old i didn't even expect her to lay eggs!
I’m going to make a Quaker parakeet stuffed animal with my felt collection.
you have two of the most beautiful parrots ever.
oh I'd love to see it! have you made anything with felt yet? if so I really wanna see it :)

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Haven’t made anything with felt except for bird xmas stockings. And now I’m thinking maybe trial stuffed QPs will be felt but final will be velvet. Not super great velvet but nonetheless.

I will share photos! I did make a pattern but want to revise it some.

Lorimadnes

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
nty
That is too cute.

I just bought a lori myself and it's nowhere near as tame hah. It will take apples from my hand and accepts cheek scratches but will refuse to take an apple if he has to step on my hand xD

What makes me curious though is that the breeder I got him from said his hatch day was in February but his beak is fully light orange with a yellow tip. I was under the impression that his beak would still have some black in it at that age and your pics seem to verify that. February would make mine more or less the same age as yours was in this picture. Makes me wonder whether he's older than the breeder said he was.

Hope your bird is doing great! He's super cute and he knows it!

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I’m pretty sure that a baby ringneck that I bought was actually an adult, based on the lighter beaks I’ve seen on baby photos here. That would offer some explanation why I was never able to tame that bird.

Cuteness. States that juvenile loris have black on their beaks and adults have orange beaks.

Lorimadnes

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
nty
Cuteness. States that juvenile loris have black on their beaks and adults have orange beaks.
My Lori's beak was already orange when I got him. I believe their beak darkens over age so I think he's still a juvenile but maybe not as young as the breeder said he was. Then again, this is my first parrot so what do I know? :d

minkylory

Real Name
Nel
I’m pretty sure that a baby ringneck that I bought was actually an adult, based on the lighter beaks I’ve seen on baby photos here. That would offer some explanation why I was never able to tame that bird.

super late reply but yes, my lorikeet Minky started off with a black beak that gradually turned into a bright orange. 20210815_113343.jpg

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
So very cute!

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How old is Minky now?

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
View attachment 438963
Minky looking funny here.
does anyone know what is considered elderly for a lorikeet? Ellie is going to be 17 early next year and I thought that was oldish for a lorikeet but different sources say different things.
Aww it's great to see Minky again,it's been so long :heart: