• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Lung Infection

mochiballs

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessica
Hi,
my baby Stitch, pearly conure, has a lung infection. His nostrils look swollen and the vet said his eyes were also. He also started sneezing. He went to the vet as soon as I noticed and he said its just at the beginning. Stitch is still eating, playing, and acting like his regular self. I'm just wondering if besides the medication if theres something I can do to make him feel better, like I was wondering if some steam might help? The vet wasn't very helpful. I didn't go to our normal vet because I wanted him seen same day I noticed. His regular vet isn't in until Tuesday, he has an appointment. I'm worried and want to make sure he's able to recover and want to help him in any way possible.

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
Yes, steam from a hot shower should help some. And overall just make sure wherever he’s at had enough humidity at about 25/30%. If he’ll let you, use a moist Q-tip very gently to remove any nose hoop or eye goop. If he seems like he’s going to freak don’t risk it since you’ll be going to the vet in a couple of days anyway. Here’s hoping Stitch gets well soon! :sadhug2:

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Oh, I hope your baby gets better soon. Besides the humidifier, a heat lamp may also help. Also don't overstress him. When my bird had pneumonia, I was told by my avian vet to leave her in her cage. It is also important to finish all of the doses of the medication. When Stitch starts feeling better, he will not want to take it and will fight you. You did good by taking him to a vet ASAP and not waiting for Tuesday. I wish more owners would do that.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hoping he improves quickly!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Wishing Stitch a speedy recovery ❤

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Awe poor little Stitch. Feel better little one :bluhug:

simon777

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Iliel
Extra warmth at night always helps Simon when he is 'under the weather'. I'm assuming he has a cage, like most birds. You could heat up a blanket in the dryer and wrap it around his cage at night for extra warmth.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I hope he gets better soon!