• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lovebird sleeping a lot

vrnkstxx

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Veronika St
So yesterday was the first day Luna was out of the cage, exploring the room (supervised ofcourse), she has learnt where her cage is, doesn’t have any problems going in her cage, eats a lot, drinks water a lot. However i’m concerned about her sleeping a lot. Yesterday she went to sleep at about 7:30pm and woke up at 8-8:15am. Today she was sleeping from 7:30pm to 9:15am. Is this normal or should i be concerned? So far i have checked her poop seems very normal, she has warmed up to us, as i said eats a lot, drinks water a lot (though she is a real lady and drinks only from a glass :loltears: , no worries also supervised). Also what fruits and vegetables should i give her ?

vrnkstxx

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Veronika St
Also she started pulling one leg up and standing on the other. Is this considered normal ?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Also she started pulling one leg up and standing on the other. Is this considered normal ?
Yes, usually when napping. I noticed my youngest did it sometimes when just hanging out, relaxing.

Sleeping 14 hours isn´t the worst, but I would try to get him/her on a 12/12. USe a cover and cover the cage at night, and uncover in the morning.
Remember your bird is still a baby and will likely sleep/nap throughout the day too

vrnkstxx

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Veronika St
Yes, usually when napping. I noticed my youngest did it sometimes when just hanging out, relaxing.

Sleeping 14 hours isn´t the worst, but I would try to get him/her on a 12/12. USe a cover and cover the cage at night, and uncover in the morning.
Remember your bird is still a baby and will likely sleep/nap throughout the day too
Hi Zara, unfortunately she continued napping and doesn’t want to get out of the cage today :( I am very scared. I checked everything, her feathers seemed okay, she eats normally, drinks water normally, as i said her poop seems very normal. The vet said she could possibly be scared of something, but in any case they prescribed a bird antibiotic. I am very scared and crying all morning :(

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Did the vet run any tests? It´s always recommended when bringing a new bird home.

She is still adjusting, but I´m not sure. Usually baby birds are full of energy and curiosity.
I would recommend you weigh her daily.

Whatever is happening here, I hope it passes soon - Try not to be scared :hug9:

vrnkstxx

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Veronika St
Did the vet run any tests? It´s always recommended when bringing a new bird home.

She is still adjusting, but I´m not sure. Usually baby birds are full of energy and curiosity.
I would recommend you weigh her daily.

Whatever is happening here, I hope it passes soon - Try not to be scared :hug9:
Yes, and she was indeed fine. Turned out she wasn’t rested enough so i will probably try to put her cage in a quieter room from today on. Scared us a lot tho! She is now roaming our apartment as usual