• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lovebird Nose

PippinLovebird

Strolling the yard
LOL I am just being extra cautious with Pippin lately. XD This is a weird question but... Is it normal that one of my lovebirds nose holes is a little larger than the other one? let me know! Thanks again everyone. :)

painesgrey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
Typically, no.. the two nostrils/nares should be symmetrical. Can you post a picture?

PippinLovebird

Strolling the yard
I tried. Unfortunately he HATES cameras. Anyway, they are basically the same size. Just a little...tiny bit bigger?

painesgrey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
I tried. Unfortunately he HATES cameras. Anyway, they are basically the same size. Just a little...tiny bit bigger?

As long as you're not seeing any inflammation/redness, irritation, or discharge.. I doubt it's an issue. But definitely something to keep an eye on, and bring up with your vet next time you see them!

PippinLovebird

Strolling the yard
K thanks! He has been acting fine and no discharge so far, just a few sneezes. He is active. Thanks, I will make sure to do that.

PippinLovebird

Strolling the yard
Got this picture. XD The foot closest to the camera has a toe that looks lifted up. Do you know why?