• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lucas2019

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maria
I don't have pellet yet :( , i plan to buy them so, i'm feeding him with fruit, veg and seeds until i offer supplements and pellet
yeah do that as soon as possible and natural ones please cause I heard seeds is not too good for them it doesn't have all the nutrition they need and not too much fruit cause they are high in sugar. How long have you had your bird ? super cute :swoon:

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
@Mizzely has article about lots of different pellets that could be helpful in choosing a brand.

Also, don't feed supplements and pellets at the same time, because you bird could get too much of a nutrient.

painesgrey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
Oh i see. It's my first ever bird and i want to take care of him in the best way. So i was kinda freaking out when he starts molting but now after i read all these replies i should wait and make sure he's comfortable ^^*
Thank youuuuuu
I wish more owners were as curious and interested in the well-being of their birds as you. I know I flipped out and googled all kinds of feather questions when my Quaker went through his first molt with me - I was certain he was plucking, for how many feathers he was losing on a daily basis.

So many people aren't bothered with these tiny little changes in their bird's condition, and it is such an important habit to have when birds are such stoic creatures that tend to hide illness. It will make it far easier for you to notice the little changes that will help you catch potential illnesses early.

Keep up the good work. :)

Angela_2

Walking the driveway
I wish more owners were as curious and interested in the well-being of their birds as you. I know I flipped out and googled all kinds of feather questions when my Quaker went through his first molt with me - I was certain he was plucking, for how many feathers he was losing on a daily basis.

So many people aren't bothered with these tiny little changes in their bird's condition, and it is such an important habit to have when birds are such stoic creatures that tend to hide illness. It will make it far easier for you to notice the little changes that will help you catch potential illnesses early.

Keep up the good work. :)
I'm worried because he seems loosing a lot of feather especially today, i see white fluffs in his wings and his chest, i also try to training him to get used around us and playing but he still scares of hands unless he wants to clime me XD
Thank you for your replay, it means a lot to me to know anything for my baby ;-;

Angela_2

Walking the driveway
yeah do that as soon as possible and natural ones please cause I heard seeds is not too good for them it doesn't have all the nutrition they need and not too much fruit cause they are high in sugar. How long have you had your bird ? super cute :swoon:
Sorry for the late respond:(
I had tweety for 3 months right now :3