• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Linnie diet

Linniefan

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Lucy
I have a female Linnie that loves pears, apples, lettuce, nectarines, red bell peppers, corn. Looking for other ideas on what to feed her in addition to her seed staple. Thank you.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
My Linnies would eat just about anything I gave them except beet greens. Generally romaine lettuce is the most nutritious. You can add dandelion greens, kale, carrots, sweet potatoes, some grains like quinoa and broccoli. This time of year you can get pomegranate seeds easily. She will enjoy blueberries too. Citrus fruits are a bit on the acid side so I did not feed them. Melons are a good treat too.

Patty Girl

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Pat , Trisha, Patty Girl
Hi Lucy, I just got my baby Linnies last week, hahaha I have to tell you something funny...I showed them, individually, a WHOLE romaine leaf...and both reacted in the same way...they spread their tail feathers and shook their tails. hahaha It was really funny. Back to your question, do you also feed your bird pellets? I give mine, Mazuri Small Bird Diet. You buy it at Petco. 20170102_124838 (1).jpg 20170102_124838 (1).jpg