• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

QuakerCraz

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Well, Sweetie started to freak out when the giant green thing started running at her. She turned tail and 'noped' right out of there. Or at least tried to. She forgot she had wings and I had to rescue her.

Be the next Ze Frank? I'm not funny enough for that. Or clever enough.

Feathergirl626

Meeting neighbors
Budgies think they’re big cockatoos :lol:
Not my budgie..She's definitely one of the more sweet and kinder birds..
He's so cute! I wish I could have a Quaker, but unfortunately I live in Connecticut and can't have one (why can't we just put the power lines underground :shifty:)

There was an escaped one from somewhere with clipped wings in my neighbor's backyard yesterday, but we couldn't catch him. We're still looking for him, but I think he went back into the woods :(
That's awful. :sad1:
Parakeet actually.

But yeah. The little one is growing up so quickly. Needing to get a cage and have it ready for the little guy.
Oh, Quakers are considered parakeets? Interesting :hmmm:
I know conures are considered parrots... I don't know! :laughing2:
Oh when you're the mama/father of ANYTHING it seems they grow too fast :shakehead::pinksmile:

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
It is official. JoJo has learned to perch. Though I think a rolled and taped paper towel tube might not be the sturdiest thing in the world but it was all I had that I could use to make a a perching apparatus. Gonna need to move the food dishes now. Gonna end up being poop dishes.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Got another picture of the little potato bird. JoJo is getting better with finger perching. Not gripping me as hard, less nail digging into my flesh. Getting braver and braver the more I work with the little guy. Also learning to step up very well. Still needs work but it's a process. JoJo can do it from finger to finger pretty well but from ground/perch to finger still needs a bit of work. JoJo looks a bit odd in the picture because they stretched upwards a bit more and oblonged a bit.
June 20 2020 Finger Perchin.jpg

In other news, flight feathers are coming in. I'm seeing two little 1 inch feathers at the very ends of both wings that are getting longer very quickly. Pretty sure they are indeed flight feathers. My baby is evolving into a bird. Amazing how fast they grow in just a couple weeks.

Feathergirl626

Meeting neighbors
It is official. JoJo has learned to perch. Though I think a rolled and taped paper towel tube might not be the sturdiest thing in the world but it was all I had that I could use to make a a perching apparatus. Gonna need to move the food dishes now. Gonna end up being poop dishes.
Woop woop! :congratualtions:

I would recommend getting (a) real perch(es) now, because like you said, a taped paper towel roll isn't the sturdiest thing in the world.
Got another picture of the little potato bird. JoJo is getting better with finger perching. Not gripping me as hard, less nail digging into my flesh. Getting braver and braver the more I work with the little guy. Also learning to step up very well. Still needs work but it's a process. JoJo can do it from finger to finger pretty well but from ground/perch to finger still needs a bit of work. JoJo looks a bit odd in the picture because they stretched upwards a bit more and oblonged a bit.
View attachment 342909

In other news, flight feathers are coming in. I'm seeing two little 1 inch feathers at the very ends of both wings that are getting longer very quickly. Pretty sure they are indeed flight feathers. My baby is evolving into a bird. Amazing how fast they grow in just a couple weeks.
His position reminds me of a penguin to be honest :laughin:
But he is still a cutie! :laugh:

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
I'm working on getting a cage actually. I'f I can't find the right one in a store and have to order it, I'll get a small temp cage that will actually be Sweeties upgraded cage so I can attach a low perch and JoJo will get used to being in an actual cage and whatnot.

Not that you mention, kinda does look like a penguin. I'm just loving having the goof around. Now that the little one has found his voice, I swear he sounds like a party favor mixed with a socket wrench, a monkey and someone screaming 'ahh' with a few bits of aquarium gravel stuck in their throat.

Feathergirl626

Meeting neighbors
Hm, have you ever tried looking for cages on Kijiji, Varagesale or (if you have Facebook) Facebook Marketplace? We found a decent one on Marketplace for my gcc. It needed a bit of cleaning up, but it was fine after we fixed it. Once my dad found some beautiful cages in someone's junk yard. They were muddy, had old food in them, etc, but they were splendid once we had fixed and cleaned them up! We gave one away to our breeder (the breeder of the late little goofball in my profile picture. He died about 3 months ago just a few days before his first birthday :() and kept the smaller cage. Not quite sure what we'll use it for, but we'll figure it out, I'm sure!

Ahh, I miss those days of having a little floof goofing off. :unsure:
Oh, I bet she/he becomes more vocal by the day!

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
I'll have to take a look actually. I'm weary about getting animal stuff second hand because of unknown background of the item(s) and in terms of cages, truthfulness of size.

Vocal by the minute actually. Sometimes JoJo and Sweetie start talking to each other and it get's pretty loud.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Pfft. I still need an alarm clock most mornings. I sleep like the dead otherwise.

I looked on facebook marketplace and there isn't any cages near me that's the right size. The next city over in any direction is an hour one way. I think for now I'll just get a brand new one. If I can't find one in store, I have one picked out to have shipped to me. I just might need to put JoJo in a temp cage if they start flying or they figure out how to get out of tank.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
This just in: While attempting to put JoJo into their temporary cage in order to get used to being in a cage.....they flew. As in take off, fly around my room, flew. I had a flying green potato, ya'll. There was a bit of wall bumping and whatnot but I gave a snuggle to reassure them everything was alright and they were safe. JoJo is now in the cage and seems to be okay with it. Started climbing all over the place in it and figure out the perches(which is what they launched off of the first attempt of putting them in). Food and water with veggie bits in it are in their dishes and I will soon add a couple small dishes to the very bottom of the cage. Gonna be keeping a close eye on the little one to make sure they are getting on alright in the cage and getting around. No napping for me today it seems.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
JoJo flew again. Was trying to give them their evening formula and they were having none of it. Was more interested in crawling on me than anything. They were perched on my finger and then they yeeted off, flapped like the dickens, bumped into the ceiling then landed on the tiny seal ledge thingy of the window in my bathroom. Had to calm the bugger down and after a while they decided to hop up from my hands onto my shoulder and squawk right in my ear. I think I lost hearing in that ear now. But good feathers JoJo is getting braver by the moment. Really climbing around and seems to like being in the cage. Seemed lost for a little while but they figure it out pretty quick. I think JoJo still needs to learn how to climb down from the perches a bit but climbing up isn't an issue. Gonna go to the store and find another bag of different mixed veggies an maybe see if I can find some freeze dried ones. Maybe see about a bag of frozen mixed fruit.

But holy berries. I have a green potato that can fly. I think a harness is a good thing to get now. I can have JoJo out and they can learn to fly but still be safe.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
It's quite amusing really. And I thought having a flying lemon(Sweetie) was interesting enough. She zooms around like a jet engine with humming bird wings.