• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

QuakerCraz

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Seems I really don't have long till JoJo is on his own. I just caught him drinking from his water dish. Wasn't expecting to actually catch him drinking but it happened. He's eating on his own, drinking on his own and flying pretty much perfectly. Can't wait to get him into his own, official space. That way I can clean up the cage hes in now and fix it up for Sweetie to move into. Both of my babies are going to be moving up in the world.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Boy does JoJo love his veggies. I give him his little dish of veggies and he has that thing empty before it's bedtime. He will even start begging for me to fill the dish sometimes. he doesn't waste a lot of it either which is surprising for a bird. I'm going to need to have plenty of veggies on hand to give him since he loves them so much.

I think it's going to be even less time now till he weans. In fact, I'm considering taking away the final feeding in the next couple days.

And good news about my fingers. The pinching has pretty much stopped. I don't know what got under JoJo's tail feathers to pinch the peppers out of my fingers so much but whatever I did or got him made him decide to stop. I'm just glad it stopped.

I'm hoping to get his official cage soon. I don't want to keep him in his temp setup for too much longer. I think he's getting a bit restless in it even though he comes out at least 2-3 times a day for as long as possible(either I have to do something, my room starts getting a bit too warm to my liking, or he start's getting a bit too rambunctious and has to calm down I let him back out after a while when he's taken a chill pill).

In other news, trapped a mouse early this morning. There's been a wild mouse wandering around my house and it kept coming into my room. Somehow the bugger kept eating the peanut butter off the traps without setting them off. Then last night it set one off WITHOUT getting caught in it. Of course, Sweetie had a heart attack and freaked out since it was right next to where her cage was(had to put one there since the mouse was going over to that area). Reset the traps and POP. Got the thing in the SAME trap it avoided the first time. It got a little too cocky thinking it couldn't be trapped. Well, its very crunched head says otherwise. Good thing I got the bugger because I don't need that kind of risk around my birbs.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
I think it's time. JoJo was yaking at me and I looked at his bowls and his pellet dish was pretty much empty. I filled it and he immediately came down and started eating. He's quiet now and gazing out the window with his butt on the top of his toy. I think it's time I can take away the formula entirely. He's not crying for anything compared to the racket he'd make before when it was feeding time. I believe it's time let JoJo become his own bird from here on out.

My baby has grown up so fast. Where did my shy little floof go? It's amazing how insanely fast birds grow.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Figured out why I keep finding pellets in JoJo's water dish. He's a dipper. I'm sitting here watching this goof of a bird eat and he's taking pellets and walking them over to his water and dipping them in his water. Dropping them in even. Good grief. :facepalm:

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Since JoJo likes freeze dried fruits, I'm going to try and get some freeze dried veggies to give him. Keeping fresh on hand all the time isn't exactly something I can do. I could do frozen but I'd have to figure out where to put it all. Maybe it's time for a freezer clean out. Either way, I want JoJo to have his veggies since he does love them. He dives into them pretty quickly once I get them in there. I'll see what I can get. Might head to the store with my mom tomorrow to see what I can get. They might have some freeze dried stuff there. Just have to look.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
So, I found a thing. I found the exact cage I was planning to get on craigslist for a bit of a cheaper price. I'm checking to see if it's still available and if I can get a picture of the dimensions as stated on the box since it's still in the box. We'll see how things go.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
False alarm. The cage has already sold. Drats. Back to the drawing board. So far all I'm drawing is a blank. What does a blank look like anyway?

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
  • Haha
Reactions: Ali

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Or the void. Because that's what my head feels like at this point because I'm out of ideas. Can't find the right secondhand cage and when I do, it's already gone. I'm going stircrazy here. And I'm sure JoJo is too.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
D'aww. JoJo is just the cutest. He's learning to talk and mimic already. He hangs out with Sweetie so much that he's now mimicking her tweets. It's so cute. And he can say 'Hi JoJo' 'Hi' and 'JoJo' now. I've heard him say it all pretty clearly. I have a talker! Man, this is going to be so much fun teaching him new things to say.

I also discovered something. JoJo LOVES being scratched under his chin. I believe he was a cat in his past life. He will stretch his head out and close his eyes as he fluffs up his head feathers while I scritch under his chin and neck. He adores it. Just like a cat. I'm gonna teach him to meow because it's fitting.

I love JoJo so damn much. He gets along with Sweetie which is what I hoped would happen so I could have them both out. He's easy to deal with when out though he does get a bit rowdy but that's just kids. He's really silly and seems to like landing on my head. I just love him so much. I have a full fledged bird now. What an experience to watch a baby grow up like this.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
So, I guess I know one way to keep JoJo busy. Treat blocks. You know, those blocks that have seeds and stuff compressed together? Those things. I originally got them for Sweetie but she doesn't seem too interested in them. JoJo, on the branch, is loving them. I gave him one maybe 5 days ago and he's got the thing down to a quarter left. I put it it the hanger the blocks came with and he's desperately trying to get the last little chunk out. He's chewed the life out of it. He's not chewing on it all the time but it keeps him busy when he does chew on it. I think Sweetie doesn't like as much because it's too hard for her to get the seeds off but because JoJo is a bigger bird with a bigger beak, he can crunch it to bits. Not only is it enrichment for him but it's helping with his beak. Two stones with one bird. It's funny watching him fight with the brick though.

In other news, I was starting to think JoJo wasn't liking the Tropican pellets but I was fooled. He's eating them just fine. I can switch him over to them without a problem once the Zupreem ones run out. He's weird though. He's a dunker. He dunks his pellets in his water. Is this normal? I have to change his water like, 5 times a day. He's about as bad as Sweetie is with putting her toys in her water dish.

*sigh* Birds. Sometimes they make you wonder who is crazier. You or them. You for having them or them because of their antics. The world may never know.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Haven't posted about JoJo in a while. The bugger is doing fine. A bit grumpy at the moment because he's molting. It seems he's finally taken an interest in the paper ball foraging thingies I made. had one in there for a while now and the other day he ripped it to shreds. Still haven't gotten his official cage yet but getting closer to getting it. Should be soon.

Here's The latest picture of JoJo. Yes, he lets me do this. He'll just look around all like 'so this is my life now.' I'm not holding him tightly at all. Just enough to keep him safe but not enough to hinder his breathing. Dem feets though.

August 13 2020 Burd.jpg

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
JoJo is a disheveled mess due to molting. He's a bit grumpy about it too. His cage has to be put on hold yet again due to having had to deal with the car. Bad fuel. Going to be suing for the damages.

In other news. Sweetie can talk. She's learning stuff from JoJo it seems. She can 'what are you doing' and 'baby bird'. I've had her over a year and she hasn't said a word and now she's starting to talk. I think it's JoJo's influence since he talks up a storm a lot and says what she's starting to say quite a bit. I love my two featherbutts.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
JoJo's molting seems to be slowing down. Not as grouchy as before. I'm bringing him out to sit with my mom more often than letting him out in my room. He hates my mom but the more I bring him out to be around her, he seems to tolerate her a little more each time. He's not as nippy with me too so I think he's starting to learn to be gentler with his beak. Though he still pinches me with the very tip of his beak. Not sure what his deal with that is. He's learning more words and sounds as well. I also believe he enjoys a little spritz of water on his feathers every now and then. He gets all floofed up and shakes as I lightly spritz water over him. Maybe if I can find a decent dish I'll set up a shallow bath for him and see if Sweetie will join him.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Got the birbs a water fountain bird bath finally. They don't know what to do with it though Sweetie is starting to figure it out. Didn't take her long to realize it's not going to eat her. I'm bringing her over and letting her hop on it from my finger and exploring it. Though she did fly over and land in the water and got wet feets. JoJo is just being JoJo and paying no attention to it and all attention to Sweetie. They'll figure it out. It's a cute little fountain though. Has a butterfly water spigot thingy and it's oval shaped so it has a couple wider spots that JoJo can fit on a bit better than the round or square ones I've seen. Once they figure out it's a neat little bath, it will be easier to give them baths and I can watch them splish splash around every now and then.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
So, Sweetie is starting to land on my head now. She hasn't really done it on her own before. Lovely. Now I'm going to have birds bickering over who gets the prime real estate that is my noggin. XD

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
I think it was yesterday I caught JoJo trying to take a bath in his tiny little water dish. He was dunking his head in the water and getting all floofed up and trying to get in the dish. So I took a spray bottle and spritzed him down to satisfy his bath craving.

I also learned something else. Wet bird is just as bad as wet dog. They smell pretty funky when wet.

Still having to put off getting JoJo a bigger cage. But he's doing fine. He's happy, singing and talking away. Gets lots of cuddles and comes out to fly around and pester Sweetie. He's a little piglet though. Have to give him food sometimes twice a day. And I guess he likes banana. Gave him a piece of mine and he nibbled on it without hesitation. He lays on his back in my hand and doesn't care. I can hold him like an ice cream cone and he doesn't care. He lets me gently mess with his wings and he's not bothered by it or resists me. I'll bring him out and the first thing he wants is snuggles. He'll make kissy noises and other soft sounds as he gets up as close to under my chin as he can get. He even recalls to me somewhat though now he's learned where my room is and now flies back in and lands on Sweeties cage. Sigh. He's such a good bird. Considering he's my first ever hand raised bird, I'm doing fantastic.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
I swear JoJo will eat anything. I gave a bit of banana to him to see if he would like it and he immediately took to it. Now, whenever I eat a banana, Ii have to give JoJo some. He's even starting to say banana. I think he even starts getting excited when I walk into the room with a banana in my hand because he knows he's gonna get some. He definitely loves the fruit in the Tropimix I give him.

He's still going strong and still as goofy as ever. It's getting cooler here so I'm thinking about getting a cozy corner fluffy thing thing for him and maybe one for Sweetie as well just so they have the option of something warm to snuggle into on the cold winter nights. I felt bad for Sweetie last winter since I had to leave her in the reptile room a good majority of the winter due to the temps. There's no room in there for two cages now and I'll feel lonely not having my babies around. So, I'm gonna get something for winter time use to add a bit of snuggly comfort.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
I just realized that JoJo is about 5 or 6 months old now. I believe he was about 4 weeks old or so when I got him. Even though I've only had him a few months, I feel like I've had him my entire life. He's such a silly, bratty bird. Though I'm sure there's going to be some personality changes as he gets older and I'm fascinated to see just what changes. I'll love him no matter what.