• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

QuakerCraz

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
A week ago on June 7th I brought home an adorable little baby Quaker. Don't know the gender but that's perfectly fine with me. The little guy's name is JoJo. I had the name picked out for AGES. Originally I was wanting an Indian Ringneck but I learned some stuff that made me rethink them that maybe they weren't the bird for me. Then I saw baby Quakers a year ago and I fell in love. I found videos of them and just fell into a pit. I wanted a Quaker. So I got one.

This is the start of a journey, an adventure if you will.

So far, I'm loving the adventure(even though it's messing with my sleep). There is a bit of a struggle to find a balance to giving attention to both Sweetie, my Budgie, and JoJo. I want to be with JoJo more but I have to remember Sweetie is there, too. I try my best to alternate out times between the two. It's a delicate balance honestly.

JoJo is eating great for me. The little floof is starting to learn who I am and that I'm mama bird. Funny thing. They like head scritches already. I'll start giving scritches and they'll go all fluffy faced and start turning their head all around to get all the good scritchy spots. It's just too adorable. They're also starting to find their voice so I'll get a good squawk every now and then. Surprises me when it happens.

But why the title? Well, I'm an anime geek. That's all I'm saying about that.

Now for some lovely pictures!

Second day home.
Day 2 of being home.jpg

A week later.

Jun 13 2020 One Week Home.jpg

Just adorable. I'm so in love with my little green birb. Look at those little toes and beady black eyes. What a cutie!

This is it for now. But the adventure will continue so stay tuned for the next episode!

to-be-continued-arrow-png-10.png

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What a cutie! :heart:

Reactions: Ali

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
So, we're trying some new stuff. Since JoJo is starting to figure out how to eat on their own, I'm starting to introduce some different foods. Just got some frozen mixed veggies and gonna introduce the little guy to eating fruits and veggies(though more veggies). I also got some of those baby cereal puffs which was recommended by another bird keeper that picked up a lutino Quaker the same day I got JoJo. I've been giving plain cheerios to JoJo but I think the puff will be a bit better since they are softer and have a bit of flavor to them. They'll be able to actually nibble off bits a bit easier. I'll still give cheerios though. I have millet bits as well and JoJo seems to be trying to figure out how to work that. All in all, JoJo is definitely figuring out how to be a bird. Even starting to figure out how wings work.

That's it for this episode.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Looks like veggies are going to be a success! I gave a few pieces of mixed veggies to JoJo and the little one is investigating the new nibble-ables. Gave a couple bits of corn, peas, carrot and green beans to get some curiosity going and it's working out quite well. Just looked over and just saw a piece of corn fly off out of JoJo's beak. They looked over after it flew off like 'huh?' and is now trying carrot. I wonder what I should try next? Maybe a bit of banana and grape for a bit of fruit? If only Sweetie was this easy to get trying fruits and veggies. Maybe once JoJo is in their cage and a full fledged bird, Sweetie can learn from them to try different things. I've heard of cases where difficult birds will learn from another bird what's good to eat just out of pure curiosity.

The story continues on.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
I'm not in the best of emotional states right now. Anxiety and other issues starting to drag me down and it's a downward spiral. I'm not letting it get in the way of caring for baby JoJo though. Seems like they are starting to eat a little less formula. Maybe it's a sign they are about to get ready to start fledging. They've been flapping a lot and and digging the veggies. Seems to be more interested in them than the cheerios, puffs and millet. Definitely time to get pellets. Starting to perch as well. I'll stick the little guy on my finger and they sit there like a bird. Though they grip like mad though. Sharp little talons. Really having fun with this little feather floof. Well, as much fun as I can have considering my mental state is about as uplifting as a melted balloon.

To be continued...

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Emotions are still teetering pretty badly. Anxiety still attacking me. But I'm pushing through it. I think cuddling with JoJo is helping me stay calm. Wish I could snuggle them all day but I have Sweetie too and she needs attention as well. JoJo is getting to try pellets now. Got them Zupreem Naturals medium. Might take JoJo a bit to figure them out. Don't know if they like the moistened stuff so gave them dry as well. Maybe it was the dish. Will try moistened again but in a different dish. Pretty sure they like tearing up the bits of corn from the mixed veggies as I keep seeing mushed bits everywhere. And peas. Peas seem to be favored as well. Might see about getting another bag of different mixed veggies that have other stuff in it. Like broccoli and other stuff. Seem to be on a good start.

Another day, another chapter.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
BIG update: JoJo flew. Although it was maybe 12 inches or so and it was from my finger to the towel that covers the tank he's currently staying in till he's ready for a cage, it was still flight. The little bugger flapped like crazy then let go of my finger and just flapped his way to the towel. Surprised, shocked and amazed me all at once. Took me a moment to realize that flight just happened. Was not expecting that to happen in the less than two weeks I've had them.

In other news, JoJo is taking to the moistened pellets. I saw them nibbling on them earlier today. I'm also now offering their veggies in water to get them curious about the idea of drinking water. I heard that was a good way to get a young bird to try water. To put something like veggies for them to try and fish out. Also something to use to get them to try baths as well since they would have to step in to fish out the floating bits and bobs.

JoJo is getting VERY vocal now. They have found their voice for sure. Also starting to squawk at me when it's food time it seems. I think they are starting to talk back to Sweetie now too. It's going to be really interesting when those two can fully meet. I hope they get along.

But this was quite an adventure. Cheered me up a bit in fact. Relieved some of my anxiety. I'm watching my little baby grow up and it's amazing how fast they grow and change into a bird.

Until next time.

Feathergirl626

Meeting neighbors
A week ago on June 7th I brought home an adorable little baby Quaker. Don't know the gender but that's perfectly fine with me. The little guy's name is JoJo. I had the name picked out for AGES. Originally I was wanting an Indian Ringneck but I learned some stuff that made me rethink them that maybe they weren't the bird for me. Then I saw baby Quakers a year ago and I fell in love. I found videos of them and just fell into a pit. I wanted a Quaker. So I got one.

This is the start of a journey, an adventure if you will.

So far, I'm loving the adventure(even though it's messing with my sleep). There is a bit of a struggle to find a balance to giving attention to both Sweetie, my Budgie, and JoJo. I want to be with JoJo more but I have to remember Sweetie is there, too. I try my best to alternate out times between the two. It's a delicate balance honestly.

JoJo is eating great for me. The little floof is starting to learn who I am and that I'm mama bird. Funny thing. They like head scritches already. I'll start giving scritches and they'll go all fluffy faced and start turning their head all around to get all the good scritchy spots. It's just too adorable. They're also starting to find their voice so I'll get a good squawk every now and then. Surprises me when it happens.

But why the title? Well, I'm an anime geek. That's all I'm saying about that.

Now for some lovely pictures!

Second day home.
View attachment 341963

A week later.

View attachment 341964

Just adorable. I'm so in love with my little green birb. Look at those little toes and beady black eyes. What a cutie!

This is it for now. But the adventure will continue so stay tuned for the next episode!

View attachment 341965
Aww, I love Quakers too! I don't have one myself and haven't interacted a whole lot, but there was a blue one at our nearest pet store about a year or so ago and he was just the sweetest thing!

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Aww, I love Quakers too! I don't have one myself and haven't interacted a whole lot, but there was a blue one at our nearest pet store about a year or so ago and he was just the sweetest thing!
I'm loving having JoJo around. The little floof is starting to bloom into quite the bird. Getting noisy already and just a cutie. Gonna have to get an updated picture now since the bugger is changing so fast. Doesn't have much baby fluff left. Though there's a lot of karotene(spelling fail I think) sheaths on much of their feathers. It's coming off in clouds though. I'd have the little guy out on my bad and I'd have to dust it off after from all the dandruff.

Feathergirl626

Meeting neighbors
I'm loving having JoJo around. The little floof is starting to bloom into quite the bird. Getting noisy already and just a cutie. Gonna have to get an updated picture now since the bugger is changing so fast. Doesn't have much baby fluff left. Though there's a lot of karotene(spelling fail I think) sheaths on much of their feathers. It's coming off in clouds though. I'd have the little guy out on my bad and I'd have to dust it off after from all the dandruff.
Sounds like you're having fun with him, though!

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Sounds like you're having fun with him, though!
I having a lot of fun. Though at the moment my emotions are all over the place because of issues I'm dealing with. JoJo helps calm me down it seems. I'm also in a bit of a panic now because the little bugger surprised me with a sudden take off. Gotta find a cage this weekend because JoJo is starting to realize they can fly and I'll have a green potato darting around sooner than I was expecting.

Feathergirl626

Meeting neighbors
I having a lot of fun. Though at the moment my emotions are all over the place because of issues I'm dealing with. JoJo helps calm me down it seems. I'm also in a bit of a panic now because the little bugger surprised me with a sudden take off. Gotta find a cage this weekend because JoJo is starting to realize they can fly and I'll have a green potato darting around sooner than I was expecting.
"Green potato" :laughin::laughing7:

Feathergirl626

Meeting neighbors
I used to have a cinnamon GCC (he passed away about 3 months ago, just a few days before his first birthday :crycry:) and I'd agree with him being sort of like a green potato as well. :lol:

Ahh such a cutie! Growing up so fast! :heart:

Last edited:
  • Love

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Parakeet actually.

But yeah. The little one is growing up so quickly. Needing to get a cage and have it ready for the little guy.

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
He's so cute! I wish I could have a Quaker, but unfortunately I live in Connecticut and can't have one (why can't we just put the power lines underground :shifty:)

There was an escaped one from somewhere with clipped wings in my neighbor's backyard yesterday, but we couldn't catch him. We're still looking for him, but I think he went back into the woods :(

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Yeah, I heard they are illegal or at least limited to own in a few places. Hope you catch the little potato.

So I had have Sweetie out and the little snot decided to pay JoJo a visit. JoJo didn't like that very much it seemed. Got her away and she went back. But the second time she fell into the tank and JoJo REALLY didn't like that. I got her out and they are both fine. Sweetie can be a turd sometimes.

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Yeah, I heard they are illegal or at least limited to own in a few places. Hope you catch the little potato.

So I had have Sweetie out and the little snot decided to pay JoJo a visit. JoJo didn't like that very much it seemed. Got her away and she went back. But the second time she fell into the tank and JoJo REALLY didn't like that. I got her out and they are both fine. Sweetie can be a turd sometimes.
Budgies think they’re big cockatoos :lol:

• Haha